There were several returning characters in Series 2, and some that were new to the dungeon.
Treguard, the Dungeon Master
Treguard offered advice to the teams and sometimes interacted with characters in the dungeon.
Olgarth and Granitas returned as clue room guardians. They were joined by Igneous, who occupied a new clue room.
The jester was a source of wit and good humour. He shaped the storyline of several quests.
This maid was a regular presence in the upper levels and was rescued by one of the winning teams.
The troll occupied a ledge in Level 1 and became hungry when dungeoneers appeared.
An unpredictable sorceress in Level 1 who ended the quest of several hapless teams.
Mildread, the Witch
The devious crone enjoyed tricking dungeoneers, especially by impersonating someone.
The foul-mouthed monk returned as a threatening presence at the start of Level 2.
The intrepid wizard returned in his Level 2 room. He could also be summoned in Level 3.
Credited in Series 1 but not seen until Series 2; Mogdred was the dark side of Merlin's magic and was found intimidating teams in the lower levels.
This hapless Viking sought loot and was easily persuaded to take anything a team offered.
A knightly guard, often drunk and disorderly, who demands a password or bribes for passage.
A dwarf found in the mines who ran official proceedings with dungeoneers.
Casper the Key
Casper was a large talking key that could help teams navigate the perils of Level 2.
The Level 3 creature who thought himself ugly but cheered up when complimented.
Oracle of Confusion
The Oracle was a mystical presence that delivered knowledge but without order.
To hear it speak, shut your eyes tightly, and raise the helmet slightly above your head.
- Treguard was played by Hugo Myatt
- Folly was played by Alec Westwood
- Gretel and the Oracle were played by Audrey Jenkinson
- Bumptious and Olaf were played by Tom Karol
- Lillith and Mildread were played by Mary Miller
- Merlin and Mogdred were played by John Woodnutt
- Cedric and Casper were played by Lawrence Werber
- Gumboil, Igneous and the Automatum were played by Edmund Dehn
- Olgarth, Granitas, the Troll and the Gargoyle were played by Guy Standeven