How many characters do you remember from the first series of Knightmare? See the first character list from 1987.
Treguard, the Dungeon Master
Treguard oversaw the rules of the game and sometimes offered guidance to the teams.
Olgarth and Granitas guarded the Level 1 clue room and rewarded teams for correct answers to riddles.
The giant occupied a ledge in Level 1 and was not particularly fond of intruders.
A challenging and uncompromising sorceress found by the Serpent's Mouth in Level 1.
Folly, the Jester
Folly the Jester advised in riddles and was a source of amusement and bafflement.
Cedric, the Mad Monk
Cedric was an intimidating presence who interrogated dungeoneers at the start of Level 2.
The magician of legend could be summoned using a range of magical apparatus in his library.
A cavalier guard who usually demanded a password. Teams sometimes had to resort to magic.
This sullen Celtic guard was handy with his fists and guarded the wellway to Level 3.
Casper the Key
Casper was a large talking key that could help teams navigate the perils of Level 2.
- Treguard was played by Hugo Myatt
- Olgarth and Granitas were played by Guy Standeven
- Lillith was played by Mary Miller
- Monk (Cedric) and Casper were played by Lawrence Werber
- Knight (Gumboil) and the Giant were played by Edmund Dehn
- Merlin and Mogdred were played by John Woodnutt
- Folly and Gibbet were played by Alec Westwood
- Devised and written by Tim Child
- Illustrations by David Rowe
- Computer Animation by Robert Harris
- Produced and Directed by Sally Freeman