Knightmare Series 8 was formed of 10 episodes. It was shown on Friday afternoons from 9 September - 11 November 1994.
- Teams: 7
- Winning Quests: Team 6 (Crown)
- Longest Quest: Team 2 (49 mins)
- Shortest Quest: Team 7 (13 mins)
- Stiletta, the Warrior Thief
- Motley, the Jester (returning)
- Honesty Bartram
- Snapper-Jack, the Fool-Taker
- Treguard's antechamber (magic pool and gate).
- Whole team enters at once.
- New quest item, the Reach Wand.
- Clue objects can now go in the knapsack.
- New Life Force clock (a pie).
- Animated on-screen book for spell casting.
- CGI scenes for Eye Shield replacing recorded footage.
- New monsters include snapdragons, skeletrons, miremen and miretrogs.
The environment for Level 3 is now the Towers of Linghorm and Marblehead, separated by the Great Mire.
A series that almost didn't happen
After much negotiation, the eighth and final series of Knightmare went ahead with a shortened run of 10 episodes.
Most viewers at the time were completely unaware that it almost didn't happen, and that it would be a shorter season.