quest

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
HairyOfDoom
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

quest

Post by HairyOfDoom »

Just a general wandering. I'm trying to work out what series a sucessful quest was. At the end of the quest they used the spell "water" to defeat fear. They then left that room to find the guy with red streaks through his hair (his name eludes me). He then took them through an airvent style tunnel out of the dungeon.

So anyone any idea what series etc this was?
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: quest

Post by SrWilson3S »

Sounds like your talking about Bens team in series 6 they actually casted the spell SPLASH to trap lord fear in his own whirlpool.
Hordriss didnt appear though till after they made it back to the anti chamber and gave them their frightknight award.
Last edited by SrWilson3S on 22 Jul 2003, 05:08, edited 1 time in total.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Hehe.. it sounds to me that you have intricately mixed the conclusion to two separate quests in that patch of  information. First of all, as mentionned in SrWilson's reply, the inclusion of a water-type spell in defeating the opposition would imply the 'splash' spell, actually offered by Hordriss in the deeper, last dungeons. However, their escape on foot through the dwarf tunnels differs from your other preposed observations.

Given your final comment, sir, I'm inclined to think the ending of Dunston's quest, in the conclusion of Knightmare.. or should I say the conclusion of Series 8, with more on the way!?! In that instance, the mage, Hordriss, is imprisoned in the quest object chamber. The team defeat Fear with a 'palladin' spell potion, which turns the dungeoneer into a palladin or warrior, resistant against magical attacks. On being released, Hordriss helps the team being persued by all sorts of critters by leading them into a chamber and returns to KM Castle via a sewer pipe (thus the airvent shaft). Therefore, there seems a mix in your recollection of how the opposition was defeated and how the team escaped from the dungeon to ascertain exactly which quest you're thinking about, but it does fluctuate between the winning quests of series 6 and 8.

KaM / RedMage
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

I REMEMBER that escape -  man it was soo cool how they were 'Surfing' past all them fireballs and things as hordiss took the dungeoneer(dunstan) back to the antichamber
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...