Only in Knightmare...

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Only in Knightmare...

Post by Velda »

Yes, I've always wanted to be on Knightmare - but I'd love it if I could go through the dungeon myself, with no helmet on.  You know, just explore each room and chat to all the characters - I'm too old to be a dungeoneer so I wouldn't be under threat from Lord Fear, hehe!  
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I wanted to go on Km, but when I became old enough to apply it was axed!  :(
Subject to change.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Same here, I was gonna apply, had all my advisors planned out, everything. Then the unexpected came...

Did any of u people ever used to play it at home whne u were little? I recall doing it when I was quite young, being blindfolded then my sister would guide me around. However, she would always direct me into the corner of a table..... it would have been alright if I was just a little bit taller! I stopped playing KM with her then, I began to associate it with great pain.............

As Treguard would say "Ooooh Nasty!" :'(
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

We had a team kinda set up, but for once I had some sense and threw all the spanners in the works I could find. (They now thank me for this, since we'd have been a complete disaster and made real fools of ourselves.) Looking back, it wouldn't really have mattered, because we'd never have got past the auditiony type stage. Our "group dynamic" would have involved one of our team (who was about 2 years older than the rest of us and a real ****er) bossing the rest of us around and not allowing us to say anything. His brother was going to be our dungeoneer- sadly he 1. had no sense and 2. didn't know his left from his right. Seriously, he didn't.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Scott_Wilkinson
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Scott_Wilkinson »

I play Knightmare at home, but outside in the street. I play with my 9 1/2 year old sister, her 8 year old friend, and a couple of other friends. We'd play Knightmare all the time, and we always win. I play Treguard. Who here still plays Knightmare, and if so, which character do they play?  :)
The number one Children's programme of all time for me is, was and always will be the one and only... Knightmare.
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

I wanted to go on Km, but when I became old enough to apply it was axed!  :(
I kind of got a team together when I saw the address at the end of series 8. I didn't bother to write it down because I assumed that they'd show it next episode! Hmmm, the people at ITV failed to mention that it was the last in the series (let alone the last ever).

Back on topic...
My best "only in knightmare" moments would probably be when Treguard would say something like:
"be careful team... life force is running low"
and "ooooh nasty!"
He was a great actor, does anyone know who played him?

Yer, I used to have knightmare dreams as well. I was 10 years old when KM ended in '94 - yet now I've seen knightmare again, I'm having the same dreams as I did all those years ago! Infact I've had 'continuations' of dreams that I started back when I was watching it on CITV!!

I wonder if its a coinsidence that km causes dreams? Because we all seam to have had them and they've all restarted since its been back on TV. Maybe they did it deliberatly; after all it is called "knightmare" - maybe theres subliminal messages in there; andl, don't you think its a little odd that we still love this show even now when its outdated and clearly out of most of our age groups?
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, Km transcends the notion of age groups - partly because it never dumbs down, and partly because it's just so damn GOOD!  :)

I'm sure it is just coincidence that Km causes dreams. After all, it grabs the imagination so much that it's enivitable isn't it?

Btw, Hugo Myatt played Treguard, and Tim Child would like to see him return for the new series too! There's a computer-rendered avatar picture of him lurking around somewhere (I think in the Knightmare VR section).

To be perfectly honest, I would MUCH rather see a real ante-chamber than a VR one. If Treguard and his ante-chamber are VR as well as the dungeon, it would be uncertain where the illusion ends and reality starts. In a game where almost every player meets with a virtual death, this could be rather dangerous in view of the target audience.

Anyway, one rambles on as usual!  :)
Subject to change.
Scott_Wilkinson
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Scott_Wilkinson »

Has anyone ever tried the Knightmare Caption Competition? I noticed it when I was in college in 2001. At the time, the caption was about a dungeoneer facing a blocker. If you look at it, it's under the subject "Blocked by a Blocker" , the first caption I put in there were: Excuse me, Mr. Blocker, but could you let me through quickly, please. I need to go to the loo. If you look, my sister Sue - Ann Wilkinson, also put a caption in. But if you also look at every other caption from there, I still haven't won yet. What's going on? Some of my captions are funny, and I'm always voted out. If anyone has tried the caption competition, did they have the same fate I did. If so, tell me what the name of the particular caption competition was, and tell me your captions as well, then I'll look at it closely and say if it was funny.  >:( :)
The number one Children's programme of all time for me is, was and always will be the one and only... Knightmare.