Hope for Knightmare on Challenge? TV?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Dragon_Soul
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hope for Knightmare on Challenge? TV?

Post by Dragon_Soul »

Hi there.  I haven't posted here before, but I've been an avid Knightmare fan since I was little, and as such, I've been glued to Series 3 on Challenge? TV.  I don't know if anyone else has posted about this, but after watching today's episode at 5PM (I think it was the afternoon showing...), that Games Jockey person read out someone's E-mail about Knightmare, saying something like "Knightmare is the best program on Challenge?, please don't stop showing it..." and the Jockey replied something like "Well there's no danger of that..."

I don't know if this is cause to be hopeful, but she said it with such certainty to imply that Knightmare episodes will be shown beyond the end of the month.  And since it was just narrowly beaten by Takeshi's Castle in the popularity polls, maybe they've changed their minds and are going to run Knightmare for longer...I pray so, since it's so incredibly popular.

I just wondered if anyone else saw that.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Hope for Knightmare on Challenge? TV?

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I heard it! And I'm glad someone else did too.

I hope it's something good. But perhaps the GJ just doesn't know it's not being continued, or something. It might be worth mentioning on Challenge?'s own forum.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Dragon_Soul
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dragon_Soul »

Yippee!  It wasn't my hopeful imagination, then.

It would be just stupid for them to cut off Knightmare when it's their SECOND MOST POPULAR PROGRAM or whatever they're defining it as.  I want to see some series 4, but I never get tired of seeing those poor dungeoneers fall off cliffs.  I saw that episode with Leo twice today.  Good stuff.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yep, that's what we've been trying to tell them for a while now. Logic, however, is not always Challenge?'s strong point.

http://www.challengetv.co.uk
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 09 Mar 2003, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Dragon_Soul
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dragon_Soul »

The ultimate challenge for Challenge? TV - getting a grip on common sense.

That sounds good to me.  Dear Lord, that logic is just twisted...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Heh, anyway- welcome to the forum.

*realises he should have said that a few posts ago*
Dragon_Soul
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dragon_Soul »

Thanks.  :)  God, I'm so mad at that stupid Challenge? network.  I waited eagerly for some more encouraging words after yesterday's episode, but there weren't any.  Maybe it was just a case of a misinformed Games Jockey person. I was really excited for a while, too.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Thanks.  :)  God, I'm so mad at that stupid Challenge? network.  I waited eagerly for some more encouraging words after yesterday's episode, but there weren't any.  Maybe it was just a case of a misinformed Games Jockey person. I was really excited for a while, too.
Yes, I'm afraid I think it might have been a case of misinformation. I asked about it on Challenge?'s forum, but (of course!) haven't had a reply yet. *switch off flippant mode*

*engage optimistic mode* A lot of viewers have stated their opinions on Challenge?'s forums, and I still urge people to go and say their piece to try to convince them to continue showing this programme. I've been really heartened to see so many people state their opinions, and it'd be great to get the thread up above 100 replies. There's always a chance they will listen, and we can hope (even if we don't believe) that the GJ on Saturday knows something good that we don't.  

Here's the thread's 3rd page: http://www.challengetv.co.uk/ubb/Forum5 ... 144-3.html
MatiX
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MatiX »

Out of curiosity, does anyone remember who the email GJ read out was by, because I sent a email saying how boring Takeshis Castle was and how good Knightmare was.

Just wondering :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I'm afraid I don't remember. The email definitely asked them not to take KM off the air. The part that was read out didn't mention Takeshi's Castle, although that doesn't mean it wasn't mentioned in the email itself.

The KM thread on Challenge?'s forum has now hit 100 replies.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

How about we ambush the other threads too? Go on Takeshi's Castle threads and ask if they think that Takeshi's Castle is like a foreign version of Knightmare or how it compares to Knightmare, and see if we can change all the threads into KM based discussions! If it's mentioned everywhere, they can't avoid it!!!

Right?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think that may do more harm than good. The mods will see it as spamming, and the people who started the other threads might get annoyed as it would undermine what they were trying to do themselves.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Some threads just get hijacked naturally, like when someone posts saying "Beadle's About is the best show in the world", people might well fairly reply "No, sorry Mrs. Beadle. Knightmare is". But I don't think deliberately hijacking all the other threads would be particularly beneficial. One really good thing has been that the regulars on the Challenge? forum have been as enthusiastic about KM as the KM fans who've gone there. And now many of their new regulars are KM fans, pure and simple. I wouldn't want to risk that useful relationship.

However, I still think it stinks that Challenge? see fit just to ignore our messages. I think we've been fair, and that our criticism has been constructive. If they listened they might learn a bit. On certain other threads they have been replying, so it really is a case of ignoring the KM issue. I think we have valid points and a lot of valid questions which they haven't even tried to answer. I wouldn't mind at all if they gave us fair and frank reasons to justify their decision- but they haven't. And if ratings are the issue, then, as we've all pointed out, it's their own fault for making such a mess of marketing the programme. I think we deserve a response to that point too.

Being militant and upsetting Challenge? clearly isn't the answer. However, when people have tried to help and asked questions, I think they deserve an answer. I'm going to keep posting. I might post my points and questions in new threads, since they've ignored all our posts when we've kept our comments to one major thread. I don't think that's pushing them too far- those of us who've worked hard on everyone's behalf deserve a few answers.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 14 Mar 2003, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Some very good points there, GG. I agree that it would be nice to get some kind of feedback - the only way to get it is post on the forum asking the mods outright to comment. That was the only way of getting FTN to give some kind of response (courtesy of Abaddon).

Still, as beveryafraid said, getting Challenge to get even one series is an achievement seeing as they are more expensive than other programmes. They paid attention back then, didn't they?
Subject to change.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Well i've just had a constructive-complimentary-go at challenge on the forum - go and check it out - oh, and keep posting! :)
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.