Anyone interested in a Knightmare Wiki?

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
r2builder
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Anyone interested in a Knightmare Wiki?

Post by r2builder »

Hi everyone, with the huge amount of Knightmare related stuff online (and a lot of it on ageing web pages) I thought it might be a good consolidate it all into one Knightmare Wiki? Hmm, that sounded like a loansdirect advert...

Anyway, I've put the barebones up here:

http://www.googledim.com/w/

All it needs is content - which I'll add if everyone thinks this is a good idea. It can be updated and modified like any other Wiki (Wikipedia etc) so it could easily grow into something quite impressive. I'm just using a temporary domain name at the moment. If this proves successful, we could move it to a catchier name.

Anyone interested?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Anyone interested in a Knightmare Wiki?

Post by Drassil »

It is a good idea, but not a new one. The Knightmare community already has 'an on-line encyclopaedia, where anyone can add an article' in the form of http://interactive.knightmare.org.uk/lexicon, which has itself 'grown into something impressive', with 699 entries in 3 years. In fact, your Knightmare Wiki's article on Lord Fear appears to have been copied from the Lexicon definitions - with the authors' names not included. I really don't wish to stir up acrimony, but that is something which those authors might object to.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
r2builder
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by r2builder »

fair enough. I'm still working out how to work it all, it was not intentional to remove the authors' names - eventually it'll work like Wikipedia, where you can see which authors submitted what.

Just need to figure out all the accounts & stuff - I've been at this all day.

Cheers
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I wouldn't have minded to start one myself but too many isn't really worth it. I'd like to look into details when it comes to items and spells etc.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/