Series 7 - Episode 1

Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7 Episode 1 ***NO SPOILERS***

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Thank you HStorm - it's a shame, I love Pickle, and I thought he was a great addition to the cast - but at least it wasn't because David Learner wasn't enjoying it :)
"You're in a room..." ;)
angelordevil4585
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by angelordevil4585 »

I was most upset about there being no Pickle... I prefer him over Majida. I think one of the best lines from l the last few episodes of Series 6 from Pickle was " Well, If you ask me... (Treguard glares) you didn't ask me."

Liked the beginning with LF and tuna breath :)

Now just have to wait a few hours before I can watch what I've taped from tonight... Yay!
Now, I don't like to gloat...what am I saying? I can't believe I just said that, dear me, what a little fibber I am. Of course I like to gloat...love it, something of a hobby.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I hope that you've set your vcr to the right time.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
angelordevil4585
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by angelordevil4585 »

Me too! I don't understand why Challenge has changed the times again especially now since they have a time for saturday repeats then a different time for sunday repeats. :) But I set my vcr for 2.30-330...so I'm good.
Now, I don't like to gloat...what am I saying? I can't believe I just said that, dear me, what a little fibber I am. Of course I like to gloat...love it, something of a hobby.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Tsk. So I didn't review this ep first time round either? Well, not apart from some inane quip I made.

Good thing I'm six months more mature, then.

Anyhoo, after an introduction that lasts about a year (and I wondered why there were so few teams in this series), we have much more of a plot and more banter than ever before. It's almost like it was the very first episode made.

However, this was the beginning of the new era, one that goes on to this day. mmm, Virtual Reality. I could have sworn back in the day it would be Virtually Impossible to do such a thing.

But the quest. Well, it's not been terribly challenging yet, has it? At least there's been an appearance of Rothberry, one of the under-rated characters (and tragically underused in s8).

But what I could really do with here is an in-depth analysis of the ep, a comprehensive overview of what happened by one or two of the forum members. You know who you are.

(That, and they just happen to be great to read).
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

"But what I could really do with here is an in-depth analysis of the ep, a comprehensive overview of what happened by one or two of the forum members. You know who you are."

Well, you could mean me, you could not. But I'm just a little late. Rviews for episodes will return on monday. Till then, Sayonara.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I could, I could.

I did.

I do.

;D

And, er, Ciao!
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

Which episodes of series seven are being shown this weekend? I thought it was approaching the end of the series, but from what I saw earlier, it looks like it's only half way through.

Anyone got an answer? I've lost track of the episodes I need to see.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Skeletor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Skeletor »

Team 5 were in level 2 being chased by a troll when it timed out. I think it's episodes 8 and 9 tomorrow.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

I'm back! Now with 100 percent more senseless blathering!

And so we begin series 7, which by the way, is my least favourite series. Before we begin, I have developed a niggly little habbit of using nicknames for characters, so try to bear with me...and here we go!

Quite a knice opening. Lissard very dissapointing, but Lord Fear shines in these dark and dreary times. Lord F gives a personal demonstration on how to assert yourself before the credits remind us just how good the originals were. Treguard jumps to conclusions before re-enacting a scene from "When Magic Goes Wrong". Enter Majida. One look at her and we know it's all downhill from here. Especialy when the not-so-gay banter starts. Majida really is an annoying scumtard, but I don't talk about that. The advisors are summoned and the middle advisor looks a little dim. Sorry, but he does. Majida introduces the new abomination. Did I say abomination? I meant helmet. Quest starts, and Treg is rather patronising. Though some tunnels to meet Rotten Moaner, the not-so elegant Egotist. Majida is catty, then Beardovision features what appears to be the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. Clue room next, and a very obvious scroll clue. Team took Keys and Grimlock. Next room, and the debut of Rothberry the dubious chemist. Rothberry reads from Peter Kay's big book of crap jokes before trading the Grimlock for a spyglass. Intermission followed by the spyglass scene. Lord F chats with Reprobate the pirate. Brollachan is welcomed with open arms. End sequence leads into Beardovision which leads to an encounter with the most annoying man on earth, Thicky. Thicky does an impression of a parrot before trading the keys for a spell. More Beardovision leads to Rotten Moaner who is far too easily convinced. In the tunnels we see Reprobate skulking before Time Out. Summary? Majida needs a slap.
Last edited by Anonymous on 01 Nov 2004, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I'm guessing that you're not such a huge fan of series 7 as you are a fan of the earlier series. :)
Subject to change.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Although it's the least subtle, I like Fidjit's new nickname the most. ;D

'Thicky'
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

I just really don't like series 7. It's probably because all my fave characters (Pickle, Skarkill, Scaramonger) were removed and replaced with utter crap. (Lissard, Raptor, Majida)
Fishsta
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Fishsta »

All Knightmare is good. Some series are better than others. This one, so far, falls into the "others".

I know I enjoyed it back when it was first on TV, but now it was little more to me than an over-scripted play rather than the unpredictable game Knightmare was supposed to be.

The magic is there, just not as strong.

Any remake of Knightmare now needs to step further back in time than most of the later series, especially this one and series 8.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

This seems to be the last of the seasons where you just have to talk to a player and then make it into the next room. Goth always looked look but they surely could have put most of the intro here into a spy glass scene. After all we are not watching a continuing soap drama (though thats debatable with this season adn last eason) but we are here to watch the dungeoneers.

i wonder how long it took before they realsied they actually have to include a quest somewhere in the episode.
Ooh, nasty!