Series 2 - Episode 14

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Series 2 - Episode 14

Post by Illusion »

Do not post here until after 7.30pm on 6th July 2004.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 2 - Episode 14

Post by Tom41 »

Is it just me, or did Igneous have a drop of water on his 'nose' at the beginning?
Still having to listen at doors for Folly's laughter though ;)

I thought they touched the Bishop in the Combat Chess room but were probably let off. Why was their life force so low after the chess game - didn't they get food in the clue room? Or did they just happen to take a long time playing chess?
I didn't notice the energy tree in the Worms room, and neither did the advisers it seems!

I liked how Lillith had Folly's jester staff, which was laughing at her. Sadly, they didn't have the potion to give her (they misread it as poison!), so died here! This time we actually saw the dungeoneer fall down, before cutting to the Life Force death.

Challenge cut off to the ad break in the middle of Treguard saying farewell to the team! Also came back with the logo as Treguard was still speaking to the team and didn't fade back to the episode until Treguard said Enter Stranger. They really need to time their ad breaks better :(
Oh well, at least they used the correct logo!

New team, first appearance of Ariadne on the ledge room! Clearly controlled by someone starting and pausing a videotape. They made the dungeoneer bend down to avoid Ariadne - I wonder if that was necessary?

Folly in the kitchen, looks like he has his laughter back ;). I liked him attempting to cook, and throwing flour everywhere! When the flour is in the air, and on the floor, it takes on a blue hue. This is actually the blue of the room, it's not the correct shade to be replaced by the chromakey machine!

I thought I saw a slight remnant of the flour where the table was in the clue room (same blue room, not cleaned up fully), but I could be wrong. Scored 2/3 on Igneous riddles, but I wouldn't have got the 3rd one!

A Knightmare first, a talisman that makes the dungeoneer invisible! They had to take the gauntlet, then hold the talisman with the gauntlet! This sort of thing was used in a later series as well, except a small star appeared where the dungeoneer was when he held the invisibilty bracelet.

Nice use of the invisibility talisman, to get past the troll (who was singing at the start!). Liked how the troll's expression changed when the dungeoneer appeared and disappeared!

My tape ran out... just before temporal disruption in this room, that was lucky!
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

LOL I swear the troll is one of the cheery cybermen from Doctor Who.

Also Found the scence with the troll hilarious but the troll cant sing to save his own bacon.
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

"Invetsigate closely" says Treguard, "examine" says Treguard but, oh no (well I'll come to that later)

The team had to listen at doors for laughter and found their way into a room with Olaf. He seemed happy to get the gold and promptly tasted it in the hope that it was really chocolate. "worms is not so happy"

Rant time: POISON, the bottle said POTION for goodness sake! I told you literacy would come in handy.

New team again and Folly seemed to get his laugh back anyway - "that's the bad news."

The debut appearance of "The Amulet Of Invisibility" although it wasn't called that. Liked the glove idea and the Troll's reactions
Good night out there; whatever you are!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Guess I'll have to watch the repeat, seeing as I was too busy watching Zsolt Baumgartner and Nigel Mansell tear down the streets of London in their respective 2-seater Minardi and Jordans...

Oops! Suddenly, as I was engrossed in the spectacle, it was 7:35pm. Too late, I thought, and so I'll be vigilant and record it at 1:55am.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Heaven knows how both the dungeoneer and the teams misread the potion- the only letters that share with Poison are PO and ON. How could someone misread TI for IS? Good to see they used the right logo for once in the ad break, though, and the invisibility talisman was great!
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

I can't believe how much utter err... 'gameplay' there was in the earlier series compared to the later ones. So much more challenge involved. For example, the dissapearing dungonner today, and other bits and pieces. So many little 'one-off' things to make the dungeons more exciting
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

An odd appearence from Ariadne today, the effect was not brilliant, but it made a change for the character (if you can call Ariadne a character).

The deathwas a rather silly one, a fundamental error, yet a costly one.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

can anyone remember what the Troll was singing?
i did like Treguard comments on the miss spelling of the team when they died... duh.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

"I'm a troll, I'm a troll,
Folderol, folderol,
This song's a load of tosh.

I'm a troll, I'm a troll,
Folderol, folderol,
And I thinks I sees my nosh!"
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Golgarach
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Golgarach »

;D That was funny on the Trolls part. :)
Listen puny flesh! Nothing may you take with the earning. Nothing may you know without the learning.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Humbugs

Post by djoska »

For some reason the scene with that Antony bloke from Ash (series 1 or2) when he meets Lillith is sooo pathetically funny!!!

I chuckle everytime I re-watch it!

"...And for that you must pay me a toll.
What do you offer boy?

... ... humbugs" (in this dungeoneer's quiet, slightly in-confident voice tone)

..Ah and the way Lillith reacts.

"HUMMMMMMMMMMBUGS?
You offer me an empty jar of hummmmmmbugs?" (Said Lillith in a rather wobbly voice tone)

is it just the word that's funny or what?

It had me laughing by the second time round!

...And the way they misread POTION for POISON- twice!!!!!

Classic little scene though!!
And they kicked @55 at combat chess!!!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Re:Humbugs

Post by darkDescender »

Well, I think i'd get pretty angry as well if someone offered me an empty jar of humbugs. I mean where's the pleasure in that?
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

True.

I'd have said take it or leave it but Lillith would probably still drop the platform.

I take it, the advisors couldn't see the close up of the clue objects like we could on the TV so I guess they just took his word for it.

...poison... whatever next!!!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Mykell
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mykell »

It wasn't as bad as that one team offering her a bar of soap. Yes, what nicer way to tell someone that they stink!