Series 2 - Episode 12

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Series 2 - Episode 12

Post by Illusion »

Do not post here until after 7.30 on 2nd July 2004.
Last edited by Anonymous on 27 Jun 2004, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 2 - Episode 12

Post by Tom41 »

The dungeoneer was chased by the Automatum in the green 'frog' room. Notice how the Automatum actually touched him - but I think they're only killed if they're not able to escape. (The Automatum would clobber the dungeoneer)

Even before Treguard mentioned 'something was amiss', I could tell Gretel wasn't the real deal. "Hello Stranger, what's your name?" - she's met Julian before, not to mention her sniffing like Mildread!

Notice how they didn't need the quill, and had to leave it on the side of the wellway as the Automatum chased them!

Unusual use of the 5-door room, having each door numbered!

Picked up a bottle of milk (restored life force) in the Mills of Doom. I always wondered, how do they manage to keep the centre of each cog stationary ;)
Is it just me, or did the mills slow down as he was going to the 3rd cog?

Interesting seeing the Cavern Wraith guarding a bottle before the clue room. Look carefully and you can see whoever's under the sheet walking back and forth ;)
Opened the bottle in the clue room, and caused the colours to go wild! (destructor, drained life force) Had to exit without any clue objects for this level! Shame we'll never know what the items were =P

In Merlin's room, a Sprite of Energy (tree thing) was there to restore their life force. I liked how they asked the dungeoneer if they could see the Sprite, (of course not) even though it was clearly something superimposed on the screen!

After getting 2/3 on Merlin's riddles, Merlin called Folly to 'guide' the dungeoneer through the level, since he had no clue objects! I liked how Folly talked the drunken Gumboil into letting them through by giving them an invisible Sorcerer's Stone! Also liked "Uhhh... intruder level 6! uhhh, no.... pashword... push off or you perish!"

Folly was 'lost' after the Corridor of Catacombs, but they managed to pick up a Talisman piece in the next room. Then, used Folly's technique (invisible object) to get past Olaf, since they didn't have any items to give him for loot! Got down the wellway to level 3 before Olaf realised he'd been tricked ;)

Also liked the Gargoyle doing his 'testing' routine, and gave them a clue.

I had hoped to see the Medusa today, when they have to take turns looking at the screen. But looks like we'll have to wait till next week :(

A pixellated picture of Treguard was under the credits this time.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Hillarious stuff with Folly and Gumboil interesting expressions on the close up between them. I could have sworn that in his drunken attempts to say password he said piss (maybe it was pissh).

You trying to make Danish bacon out of Olaf?
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 02 Jul 2004, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

lol,
the team been let off a few times... didn't need any clue items on level 2, the destructor did no damage,
only needed one object in level one.
and they won clues on level 3 without doing anything.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Interesting how two characters have so far referred to a certain peril- Treguard calls it the 'mindless mechanical warrior' and Gretel calls it the 'Automatum'. A great moment with Mildread disguised as Gretel, followed by the brilliant Sorceror's Stone bit. It cracks me up every time!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Not sure about the destructor bottle bit - was this written in to give more interaction between the dungeoneer and the characters?
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

A thought. What if the team had decided against taking the bottle from the room before the clue room? Would they have been in losing status?

I think they would have been attacked by a cavernwraith in the clue room. When they died, Treguard would have said "Well, you could have picked up the item to defeat it, team, but you passed it up...".
4 line sigs yada yada yada
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Another classic quest! Gretel/Mildread is fun, the whole destructor thing seems engineered to have a humorous character-driven quest rather like Dickon's in s4 where he has to carry the "Etruscan brandy" the whole way with him, by having Folly teach them a bluff they later can use themselves. A deserving team, probably helped by a good quest plot.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 2 - Episode 12

Post by Canadanne »

When the Automatum enters the kitchen, I love how Gretel's idea of reassurance is "I'll be OK - it's you he's after!"

You have to feel sorry for poor Julian's team, getting blamed for various things that weren't their fault. Treguard nags them to open the bottle, then shouts at them to put it down again when it turns out to be a destructor! And Merlin has the nerve to tell them off for the damage they've caused!!

Hugo slips out of character for a moment in the clue room - at first he's urging them to get out quickly, but then you can hear him laugh "Hurry!" when it takes them ages to guide him out and he's obviously not in any danger whatsoever. *g*

I think you can briefly hear the jingle of Folly's costume in the background while they're collecting a piece of the talisman in the room with the axes.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Never a dull moment in this show.
Strange things are going on with the bottle, teams should have ignored Tregaurd and picked up clue items first.. lol

Three correct answers with the wall monster and they didn't learn anything new, telling them they need a key when you've already told them to take the pen isn't an extra clue.. and they didn't even use the pen, Pointless.

Easy ride in level 2.

If I didn't know better id say they're being helped to victory.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yes the team has had it easy compared to other teams. Didn't get all riddles correct from Merlin either. Also could Julian have perished? How close was the automatum to him?! Couldn't be any closer but the automatum seemed to freeze for a moment. For me, he should have perished. A big let off there.

Enjoyed the scene with Olaf though! You making danish bacon out of Olaf?!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
TimeMaster
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TimeMaster »

Yes the team has had it easy compared to other teams. Didn't get all riddles correct from Merlin either. Also could Julian have perished?
Completely agree pjmlfc05. Julian seemed to go through virtually all of Level Two with no serious threat whatsoever. It's nice to see a team progress to Level Three but I can't help thinking that other teams with just as much ability have not had the chances that this team has.
"Master, Master I know this place! It's the Place of Choice!"
TimeMaster
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TimeMaster »

Has anyone any ideas about the purpose of the quill? Julian was specifically told by the wall monster that he needed it, but there didn't seem to be any opportunity to use it. I'm confused! ???
"Master, Master I know this place! It's the Place of Choice!"
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

The team who won series 2 were pretty much giving an easy ride, I can't remember what happens (find out next week) but I wonder if they were pushing for a second winner?

Yep the pen was pointless, and was a waste of time them getting three correct answers really. I guess the levels aren't long enough or the production teams aren't quiet sure what they're going to do next.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The only thing I can suggest regarding the quill is that it was a 'negative' clue room choice i.e. the dungeoneer didn't have to select a correct object but avoid selecting a wrong one. For instance, carrying the knife might have served as some kind of provocation.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.