Knightmare Dad !!!!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Dad !!!!

Post by Moocowthingy »

Well at the age of 28 Ive just found out Im to be a father :) .  Hmmmm will I be a Knightmare Dad lol showing off one of my all time tv faves to my little kiddy?.  Will the young un be interested or will he/she find it dated and sad?.

Anyone else out there old enuf to have shown KM to thier kids or perhaps other relatives, nephews, nieces, cousins etc etc ?.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Dad !!!!

Post by WhiteDevil »

Congratulations Moocowthingy - Trust me, as a kid myself, i am fully qualified to say that we are a lot of trouble and never shut up til we get what we want...

(Actually, im 15, but my mental age is 7  ;D)
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Zeeky
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Zeeky »

Well, I'm 13, but brats like me (If you put it that way) can get out of hand. Good luck in the future with your child.
 ;D
The only person you can trust when gaming by yourself is you. When playing in a team, only trust in your team.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Hey congratulations! Any ideas for names if a boy/girl? I'm sure the board could help you with that! Knightmare names perhaps...some of them are actually quite plausable, though I wouldn't suggest Dreadnaught or Fatilla.

I'm 18, and so no kids yet, thankfully. Wait til they want to go to uni like me and my mates! Make sure you got something stashed away for it as my parents did that and they're still struggling a tad to help me out, bless them.

Just a thought, as I've been wondering for my future (if I have kids), how are you going to bring the little one up in terms of swearing and stuff? I mean, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have my kids swearing cos they think nothing of it (so long as they understand there's a time and a place, i.e. at home), than swearing because they know people see it as wrong.

Confusing. Anyways - best of luck and if you need adice, don't hesitate to come to the board and we'll do our best!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I don't think anything like Lissard or any of the wall monsters would a good idea either. Perhaps for a boy though maybe Tim, Hugo/Hugh, David or Sylvester, as first names that come to mind for some reason. Maybe for a girl perhaps something like Maya/Maia, which is similar to (Hugo) Myatt. I can't think of anymore girly names though!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Yeah, i couldnt really imagine a girl called Velda, Morghanna, or Gundrada...  ;D
Last edited by WhiteDevil on 29 Aug 2003, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

How about Martin Danger, cause Martins a good name and how cool would it be to say that "Danger's my middle name!"

Or how about Max Power, another classic!  ;D
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Mellisandra is quite old fashioned but Melli is nice. Or Kully *grins*. Elita is plausable, or Gretel...maybe not that last one!
Boys' names: Troy is kinda like Treguard...Merlin perhaps? Like on Casualty?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Well, I'm 13, but brats like me (If you put it that way) can get out of hand. Good luck in the future with your child.
 ;D
Off topic, nice to see that our ever growing community is getting younger and younger and like so ;D

Posted by: WhiteDevil;
(Actually, im 15, but my mental age is 7  ;D)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Good luck  :)

U seem pretty young to be a Farther,  Lets just hope for your kids sake u are a good one.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

awww a Knightmare dad your kid is truly lucky :)
umm about swearing, my mom swears at home alot, but my little brother or me dont swear at all, well when I'm mad I say caras carom or sumthing  :)  
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 30 Aug 2003, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Congratulations on the kid^_^ Hope you raise him/her into a kind and caring human being:)

As for names....I say, go with the odd ones, my name actually looks like Melisandra's (and god I wish it was) and I think exotic names are far better than normal ones. (I'd name a son Lord Fear if I could, lol)

Anf if your kid grows up hating Knightmare, chuck him/her out.....j/k:P
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Good luck  :)

U seem pretty young to be a Farther,  Lets just hope for your kids sake u are a good one.
Jeez m8 28 is young to be a father?????, Id h8 to live on your planet LOL.  Ohh and I think my wife disagrees with you too however shes only 22 so maybe on your planet her opinion doesent count yet?.  Only joking there by the way :) .

Thanks to everyone for your good wishs and name suggestions.  As for girls names well I already had lots in  mind but Ive no clue on boys names so maybe that could be a KM name, but in all honesty most of them sound awful.  Perhaps I should surf the series page hmmm.

At 28 I seem to be a fair bit older than most of you here.  Maybe that why the 5-8 series is winning in the 1-4 5-8 topic, your all too young to remember that far back :P lol. I suppose it was all the same in the end?, pearing over your Mums head to see the block and tackle as she changed yer nappy.  Ohhh dear ohhh dear, sarcasum over load :) .

Once again thanks for all the kind wishs, I'll be sure to let you know the name in 8 monts time :)
Last edited by Moocowthingy on 31 Aug 2003, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

28 is a perfectly good age to have kids! My parents had me when they were 23, and my brother when they were 25, and we turned out ok! I think people just see the 'twenty' part of your age and think "oh my god he's still in his twenties!" without realising that you are only two years off thirty and a perfectly responsible (I assume) adult.
Anyway, once again, best of luck and and I hope the child is beautiful, healthy and good-natured.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Aww, congratulations!  ;D