knightmare board game

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Boardgame

Post by Thanatos »

My mother bought it for me after I first started watching Knightmare but didn't give it to me because on closer examination it seemed too advanced (I was six). Several years later she remembered and gave it to me.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Atmosfear
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Boardgame

Post by Atmosfear »

Thanks for the update guys!

Hopefully it should arrive in the post tomorrow - already found a merry band of knightmareoholics to play it with and while away the hours :D

Atmosfear
biggestfaninworld
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare Board Game For Sale!!

Post by biggestfaninworld »

Hey Guys,

I have just been searching through my loft and found various board games from childhood including a mint condition Knightmare game. I do not have enough room as it is so cant really keep this game and have baby on way so I could do with as much space as poss. If anyone is interested give me a shout or make me an offer!!!

Thanks

Paul
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare Board Game For Sale!!

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hmm off topic but have you thought of any names you might call your baby? A Knightmarish name maybe?

Anyway back on topic if you don't get anywhere here what about Ebay? I reacon that you'd probably have some interest here though from one or two peeps here maybe.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
biggestfaninworld
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare Board Game For Sale!!

Post by biggestfaninworld »

He He,

We thought Ella Mai for a girl and Treguard for a boy. Only joking!! We like Jay for a boy! Il have a look on Ebay if nobody fancies it here! Thanks mate.
khane62
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare board game

Post by khane62 »

Hi, sorry to intrude, I used to watch and enjoy Knightmare when younger and didn't realise it was showing on TV again! :D

Don't know if anyone is interested but I have the Knightmare board game and have just put it on ebay if anyone was looking for it?

I have looked after it, and it's really nice ;D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Knightmare board game

Post by Drassil »

Hi there. You're not intruding, please feel welcome to post here. :)

I'm intrigued by the Knightmare board game, and your copy does appear to be in fine condition. I'm not sure I'd pay £24.99 for it, but that's not to say that others won't. Good luck.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Welcome to the Forum!

I too have the Knightmare board game.

I've managed to keep it in mint condidtion for 16 years. Quite amazing really considering how much I played it with my Knightmare friends.

Its a great game!

I always loved the colours of the sky around Knightmare Castle, very well done I thought...
Last edited by Naitch on 15 Jul 2008, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

I was looking at the bit about the board game on Knightmare.com, it looks pretty interesting, especially the artwork.
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The board game is very neat, although the rather weird movement rules mean that you can spend hours going round and round in circles on level one.

With some help, I invented a set of 'advanced' rules for the game a few years ago. It introduces the life force clock and extra uses for the clue items on the board, among other things. http://havetstorm.tripod.com/knightmare/id34.html
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

What was this game actually like to play? Is it quite complicated?
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I wouldn't say complicated, no. It can just be a bit infuriating when you seem to arrive back in the same chamber every other turn.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Check out The Eye Shield issue 44 to find everything you could possibly want to know about the board game (section entitled Board of Knightmare?)
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

Eyeshield wrote: Check out The Eye Shield issue 44 to find everything you could possibly want to know about the board game (section entitled Board of Knightmare?)
Thanks, very good. I think I saw that article when it came out but being on the boardgamegeek website made me think about the game.
Malice's loyal subject
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Not the Knightmare board game, but does anyone remember from the late 80s - Ghost Castle?

It always reminded me of Knightmare when I was young and I used to play it with my sister every Friday after KM.

It consisted I think of four rooms with a central staircase which you had to climb at the end. There was a glow-in-the-dark skull which you dropped down the chimney and could land in any of the rooms and knock your opponents over. And there were ghosts masks which you had to put on your figure which froze him and made you miss your turn. There was also a knight with an axe or a sword who you had to avoid being hit with.