A good Vs Evil topic

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Re:A good Vs Evil topic

Post by Wolfshead »

One could say that Level 3 in S4 is a different realm to the S3 Level 3. Mogdred bannished from Level 3 in S3 took up residence underneath the castle by the Dunswater.

Morghana was finished off by the dissintegration of Dungeon at the end of S3.

Morghana achieving mastery of Level 3 is based on the absence of Mogdred on two consecutive occasions.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, but that's not really evidence. There's any number of possible explanations for Morghanna being there instead of Mogdred on a couple of occasions.

And why exactly would a powerful sorceress like Morghanna be destroyed by the dungeon's disintegration, when weaker individuals like Motley and Mellisandre were able to survive?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Merlin made sure they were safe.

Also maybe the S3 Level three did not die, instead it could've been cut off from the rest of the Dungeon. When the Dungeon re-aligned itself, it joined Mogdred's new realm.

The same is posssible for Lord Fear, who I don't think was connected with Mogred in any way.

Maybe Merlin and Mogdred were locked in some kind of struggle at the end of S4.

I can't use evidence because there is none, this is purely speculative and I am exploring possibilities.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

If Merlin could keep Motley and Melly safe, Morghanna could keep herself safe, no worries.

Re: "This is speculation..." well, that's my point. You asked originally whether there was a power struggle between Mogdred and Morghanna, and I answered that there's no sign of one whatsoever. You've responded to that by coming up with scenarios of a conflict between them that might have fitted around what we saw on screen.

I'm not necessarily saying that they're impossible, but I am saying that there's nothing to support them, and that some of them don't quite tally with the facts.

If you're trying to come up with them just because you want to believe there was a feud between Mogdred and Morghanna, well that's up to you, but if there was one I don't believe that Moghanna could have won it or she would still have appeared in season 4.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

How do you account for the appearances of evil Magi in level 3 in S3 and S4.

Could Hordriss have been a pupil of Merlin or Mogdred, or both seeing as he was not alighned until S5 and appeared both good and hostile in S3.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The thing about Hordriss was that he was never evil, just violently proud. According to Treguard it was the druids who called him "Hordriss the Confuser", suggesting that he may have been a descendant of the Celtic/early British legacy like Grimaldine (and probably Merlin for that matter).

As for WHY he showed up there, I suspect it's just that sorcerers are naturally drawn to places of great magic, like the Dungeon itself.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Good answer! Tahnks

I too thought he was probably of Celtic/druidic origin since Treguard mentioned the druids. Where his skills come from though I am still not sure. he seems quite learned maybe he went to Hogwarts joke joke. :D
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Who could Sidris's mother be?

Greystag, Mallice, Morghana or maybe a moogle, Mellissandre said she was older than she looked.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The general speculation on this round here seems to be Greystagg or Maldame, for obvious reasons.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

It's possible that Hordris was evil to begin with becaue his calling name is Maeifact and Mallificia is magic that is used to hurt people. He probaly allied with Tregaurd becuase he was threatend by Lord fear.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

I always thought that Mogdred and Morghana were a team.. a couple in fact.
Morghana had nothing else to prove after her performance in s3 so no need for her so be part of s4.
After all Mogdred failed twice in s2 he needed some help.

But the Malice was trying to take Mogdred out.. i believe she said after he winning quest, she needed an item to get back at someone.. or something like that, Be interesting to see her return in season 8 (if it is her)

But this past episode on challenge saw Lord fear talk about the use of spyglass, theses for could point towards Fear being around in the past but never seen (due to no spyglass)

And that 'old Bone face' comment, Fear isn't that old... i guess it was meant to be Mogdred,
Umm..you know Hordiss and Merlin never crossed paths.. But we don't really have any story to push Mogdred out of the game
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, my suspicion was that Mogdred and Morghanna were allies, although not a couple.

Malice said that she was unable to enter Level Three due to "a temporary misunderstanding with other factions". As you say, this was almost certainly Mogdred. After she got the green gem she was able temporarily to take control of Level Three, which was why Dicken had to confront her, but when he beat her, Mogdred reasserted control.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Now were getting some place. lol
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

That made a lot of sense thanks! :)
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Has Tim Child ever said anything about what would have come after the Stained glass room in series 3?