The GROGNARD Files: Dave Morris and Michael Cule

Projects of the cast and crew of Knightmare.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

The GROGNARD Files: Dave Morris and Michael Cule

Post by Drassil »

Episode 45 of The GROGNARD Files podcast (January 2021) features the second part of an interview with Dave Morris. At about 1 hour 6 minutes in, Dave talks about his involvement with Knightmare and the books.

What is even more interesting is the comment exchange on the page between Dave and Michael Cule, in which Dave says:
'Did Tim Child not tell you that 'twas I who mentioned your name to him in the first place, Michael? Remiss of him, I call that.'
I don't think any of us knew this before, including Michael it seems. His reply:
'Well, bless you! That gave me two of the happiest summers of my professional career… and one slightly happy season doing scripts for [Timebusters].'
This makes Dave responsble for the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy reunion between Michael and David Learner (and the exquisite coincidence that their first joint episode of Knightmare was the 42nd).
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The GROGNARD Files: Dave Morris and Michael Cule

Post by Canadanne »

Dave on rewatching a childhood favourite: "It was still brilliant! It was like, 'Wow - I was RIGHT when I was 9!'" This is exactly how I felt when revisiting Knightmare as an adult. :)
Beltane
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: The GROGNARD Files: Dave Morris and Michael Cule

Post by Beltane »

Most definitely! That's one of the things I enjoy about it: that while it was designed to be spooky for 12 year olds, it does actually work for adults.