My Up Comeing Fan Fiction.

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

My Up Comeing Fan Fiction.

Post by Skarkill »

I have Started Writeing A Knightmare Fan Fic.

It follows a new teams quest in the newly reopen Dungeon.

So far I have writtern a short introduction/Cast List & Part of Chapter 1-5.

I have posted the chast list below Pleses feel free to commet as there are one or two changes to the status quo.

Inclueding a 4th Level.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: My Up Comeing Fan Fiction.

Post by Skarkill »

Cast Of Original Characters

The Powers That Be.

Treguard: The Dungeon Master & Referee of The Greater Game of Luck and Glory.

Hordriss The Confuser: Powerful & Pompous Mage

Elita: A Foul-mouthed cavern Elf & Now Treguard’s New Assistant.

Motley: The Dungeons resident Jester.

Sidriss The Confused: Hordriss Dim-Witted daughter

Brother Mace: A Tavern Monk. He believes in Strong Religion and even stronger Drink.

The Opposition.

Lord Fear: Leader of The Opposition, Techno-Sorcerer & Main Baddie.

Lissard: An Atlantian & Lord Fear’s Right Hand man.

Skarkill: The Goblin Master

Raptor: Master Of The Miremen  

Snapper-Jack: The Fool Catcher

Sylvester “Sly” Hands: A Dungeon Thief

Cast Of New Characters.

The Powers That Be.

Tom Troughton: A Hobo Magician. He is knowledgeable in magic but is no were near as powerful as Hordriss, But is far more competent then Sidriss.

Dal: The Landlord of The Crazed Hefer. Always seems to be up on the latest gossip and info.

Jane “Raggie” Ragnell: Motley’s Girl Friend. The flour Girl from the town of Wolfenden is sweet natured and kind hearted but is too trusting some times.

Henry Oliver Nesty: The Powers That Be’s Trader.

Revered Andrew Parker: A Wandering Christian Missionary who has entered the realm of Knightmare by accident.    

The Opposition

Morgrime:  A Level 1 Kidnapper in the pay of Lord Fear. This unsavoury and unsanitary character can only threaten dungeoneers while they are in Level 1.

Cuthbert Cut-Throat: This Highway man stalks the dungeon robbing anyone he comes across

The Elemental: This vile creature inhabits level 4 it stalks dungeoneers through out the level. Neither dead nor alive it seeks to feed on there life force. It is hideous to look at, its face is a green skull but its hands are human.

Edward Deal: The Oppositions New Rogue Trader. This shifty character will do any thing for profit.

Lady Sinstar: The Powerful Witch-Sorcerers she controls lower parts of Level 2 and early parts of Level 3.

The Team

(They are all friends who know each other from school.)

Stuart (The Dungeoneer): From York he is intelligent and a defiant leader. But he has a quick & sharp mouth that can get him into trouble.

The Advisors

Abbiegale:  She is the oldest team member at 16. Level headed and cool under pressure she can often work through a problem. She and Richard are brother and sister. She comes from Carlisle

Gemmar: The Youngest Team member aged 11 she is easily frightened and panicked, but she is very good at riddles. She is from Preston but goes to school in Carlisle

Richard: The forth and final member of the team. He like his sister is cool under pressure and uses common sense. However he can take things at face value, which can lead to problems. He is also 16 and from Carlisle

I'll Post a bit of Chapter One Tommorow
Last edited by Skarkill on 14 Jan 2004, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

This certainly has a good thought process and the new characters look very good (a few of them may be familiar to Knightmare Roleplay regulars!), I look forward to the first chapter!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

The Campaign To Outlaw Adverbs

Post by HStorm »

Good idea, sounds very promising.

>>>>BUT<<<<.

I'm in an irrational bad mood at the moment because something has started to bug me. So I have a challenge for you, Skarky, and indeed anyone else planning to write fanfic at the moment...

The thing is, I've realised that I hate adverbs. I'm sick of them. I hate the person who invented them, whoever it was. A Roman probably, the Imperialist git! I get so irritated sitting down luxuriously and getting ready to read enthusiastically the latest fanfic I've feverishly printed off the Net, one which I've hoped earnestly will provide me dutifully with a refreshing insight into Life, the Universe and Everything, and then finding the bloody thing is plastered from beginning to end in sentences that have been maliciously, thoughtlessly and scandalously hyper-extended by aggressively-written and unnecessarily-thorough over-description (says he who last year wrote a KM fanfic over 50,000 words in length! Hey, it's only a forum, I'm allowed to be a hypocrite every once in a while).

I hate adverbs. I hate them. I'm sick of reading them, hell, I'm sick of writing them! So today, I'm launching the Campaign Opposing Full-On Descriptiveness Used in Pulp. Or COFDUP for short. We're gonna get these insidious adverbs that are eroding our fanfics banned to oblivion or die trying!

So here's the challenge to mark the start of my campaign... who here can write a KM fanfic of 8,000+ words without a single adverb in it? I know I can't manage it, but maybe someone can. Go on I challenge you!
Last edited by HStorm on 14 Jan 2004, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Well it won't be me HStorm.

I Can gaurete my wrieing style while not full of discriptive writening dose containe it.

Sorry its the way I am.
Last edited by Skarkill on 14 Jan 2004, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Ah well. I shall look for recruits elsewhere.

*Traipses off slowly...* Oh damn, there I go again!
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I'm supprised no ones mentioned the terribal pun I've used in nameing the Powers That Be's Trader.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I'm surprised that you wanted to draw attention to it. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was trying to maintain a polite silence on the matter!

"Free Nelson Mandela! Votes For Women! Power to the Proliteriat! SUPPORT COFDUP!"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Well here as promised is a snipet from Chapter 1. A Quest has just been ended by a Mire-Trog.
“Sorry girls” he said regarding the three advisors “but you should have taken Brother Mace’s advice Honesty is better then a Deal. But you failed to realise it, so now its time for you to depart.” He stood up and in the manner he had done it so many times before calmly called out.

“Spell casting.  D….I….S….M….I….S….S.” The team faded from sight and Treguard bid them farewell through the magic mirror. “Oi Beardy that’s three teams of those human beings we have lost now. Old Skeleton head is having him self a killing.”

Treguard turned round to face his new assistant. Of all the people that Majida could have picked as a successor. He comes to the anti chamber ready to start the new season after ten long years and who dose he find waiting for him, with the news that she is his new assistant?

“Yes Elita I am well aware of the score.” He replied to the cavern elf who was sitting crossed legged on the bench that the team would usually sit on “And I’ll thank you not to refer to me as Beardy.” “OK, OK Treguard but this is getting ridicules I mean three teams in a row.” “Yes it is a bit disheartening I grant you but I have seen seasons were nobody wins.”

“So now what do we do?” “Well there is only one thing we can do miss Elita. Call another team in.” “I’ll do it” came the cry from Elita as she leapt across the floor she grabbed the staff and approached the door. “Enter Face Ache errr…. I mean Enter Stranger.”

The door opened and a lad of about 15 with short brown hair and brown eyes walked in Elita regarded him “I Was right the time.” “Elita.” Warned Treguard. “Greetings and who might you be young sir?"

“I am Stuart Cliff aged 15 from York.” Came the reply “ A Porky from Yorky.” Elita cried gleefully, Treguard just ignored this remark. “You’ll have advisors so call them now.” “Abbiegale, Gemmar & Richard.”

As Stuart said there names three children appeared on the bench. “Welcome. Who guides this dungeoneer?”

“Abbiegale Eastbrook from Carlisle.” The first girl replied she was about 16 with long light brown hair and a slightly tanned complexion with green eyes. She didn’t look nervous or afraid. A good sign Treguard thought he turned to the boy sitting beside her.

“Richard Eastbrook from Carlisle.” Brother and sister Treguard guest. Yes there was defiantly a resemblance in the faces. Richard also appeared calm but Treguard suspected he was one who took things at face value. Still he had common sense Treguard could tell it was writer all over his face. He turned to the last child.

And she was a child she was by far the youngest and smallest.

“Gemmar Banks from Preston.” She answered timidly. Oh dear thought Treguard she was not his ideal candidate for an advisor. Gemmar was 11 years old and was very nervous and panicky.

Treguard didn’t say anything but he thought that Gemmar might be the team’s weak link.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Some very funny stuff in there, excellent start.

Elita the new assistant though? Not so sure about that. There's already been an elf in that role, so it might be better to try for something new altogether.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

The resons I used Elita as the new assistant is because I am good at writeing for that character.

Plus I didn't want to have to spend time introducing a new assistant, I've got enough of that just introducing new dungeon residents. Plus Elita is an instantly reconisable character.

(Could have been worse I could have used Fidjit.)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

(Could have been worse I could have used Fidjit.)
Is that a threat? 'Cos if it is, it's a bloody good one. I'll keep schtum about it. I promise. And no codling grinders either, okay?
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

What's an adverb?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

An adjective that describes an action rather than a noun. They usually have the same form as the adjective with -ly added.

e.g. That's a loud frog/That frog croaks loudly.

What I'm complaining about, and this is actually a serious point, is that they're used too frequently (there's one!) in modern literature, especially fanfiction. And yes, that includes my own.

From reading your stories, Emii, I'd say you're better than most at avoiding the bad habit.
Last edited by HStorm on 14 Jan 2004, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

What's an adverb?
Oh so I'm not the only one who doesn't know then! Anyway HStorm why don't you like too many words ending in ly? How can you avoid it? Also you have put "this is actually a serious point" is actually an adverb? couldn't you have put "this in an actual serious point" instead though or does that not sound right?

A curious question is are you an English teacher/tutor?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"