this forum

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: this forum

Post by Pickle123 »

it appears that the "R" on your keyboard is faulty too  ::)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I did say pretty well but I did not say I was not perfect though,

terrible sounds better than terible though, sorry missed an r
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 01 Jun 2003, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

oh, if it had just been terible i would have assumed a typo but with "gramma" aswell i thought you had a faulty "R"
Last edited by Pickle123 on 01 Jun 2003, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think that I walked right into that hole didn't I. I will try and put my brain in gear before my typing from now in. Another problem that I have is that I keep hitting the wrong keys (must trim my finger nails short) and I keep hitting the buttons that clear typing i.e. the Alt and Insert buttons. Oh and I should also have said that my punctuation is really bad!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

*hands in air*

not judgey 0_0

just observey ;)

i aint here to assess post brilliance just thought it might be mildly ammusing to add "faulty R" to your list of attributes ::)

and i've had another thought *forum groans as one*

maybe custom ranks could be allowed to those with a 700+  or 1000+ post count? they needn't be self done either. they could be requested from Illusion and so therefore any unsuitable ranks simply wouldn#'t get through and since there aren't many with such a post count it wouldn't be excessive work? could be a sorta reward for loyal posters :-/  

good idea? yay nay?

JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

You get a new rank for every 500 posts you make at this forum:

http://www.premier.org.uk/phpBB2
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

however they seem to have 3 times the number of registered users and quite possibly more regulars  :-/

also, if someone reaches the highest rank here...(Knight? or is there a higher one.) then what...

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Knight is the highest rank for 500+ posts. There is no higher rank.

The forum does not allow any extra ranks, although it is possible to add another custom title in addition to the rank title.

I have thought about letting people who reach over 1000 posts to specify a custom title alongside their rank. The only problem I see is probably a few years down the line when loads of people reach 1000 posts leading to an admin knightmare  :D

Yeah, good idea I think. Perhaps the first 15 people to reach 1000 posts will get a custom title but I hope that won't encourage people posting unnecessarily just to boost their post count.  ;)
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

nah, that way leads to sp4mm4g3 of sp4m ;D

you could just take requests off regulars, like Emii and GG when they get high of their own accord and refuse at will :) what more could an evil admin want ::) (nothing personal...all admins are deep down evil ;D)

Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Pudding? What was that reference to lil moi? I don't geddit *sniffles*
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

pudding? where pudding? :D

i just mention you because i know you're here more or less daily and have been here longer than me...also you = teh funneh so you have stood out more. also GG = teh funneh. I'm afraid im a sucker for the laughs ::)

Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

I like pudding.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Who doesn't?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'm sure there are better forums out there [...]
Oh, don't be so modest! ;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

you could just take requests off regulars, like Emii and GG when they get high of their own accord [...]
It took me so long to work out what this was about. Having rather presumptuously just searched for my username and its derivatives, I found this and got totally confused before backtracking wildly through the threads. Is Illusion planning some sort of cabaret performance, I wondered, to which Emii and I might be lucky enough to "submit requests"? Was this concert some sort of bizarre website advertising campaign? Why were we the only two people invited to choose Illusion's playlist? And we're only allowed to choose the songs when we "get high", apparently. (Is his singing that bad?) I was glad, however, that I'd only be allowed to pick my musical favourites for Illusion's rendition if I'd got high of my "own accord", rather than if Emii had been spiking my drinks, or something similar. That seemed logical, if a little superfluous.  

Oh, I was going to contribute seriously to this thread. On the colours issue, I've always thought this board does things best by keeping the colour scheme simple, and of course, tasteful. (Anyone who's almost been blinded by FTN's shades will know what I mean.)

I suppose there's always a danger of people spam-posting, whether or not you allow "elite" ranks (if it were possible) or additional titles to people with a certain postcount. Just having ranks themselves can be an incentive for some people to post excessively, and it happens on most forums. (Stop looking at me! I honestly don't think I ever really did post much when I had nothing to say!) Cliche for the day: The solution and preventative measure is just good old fashioned common sense on the part of posters and Admin., both of which thankfully are exhibited on these boards.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]