Unintended Knightmare references on TV

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Unintended Knightmare references on TV

Post by Canadanne »

I keep seeing a trailer for 'The Best of EarthxTV' on Freeview, featuring the captions "BIGGEST", "BADDEST", "BOLDEST". It feels like it should end with "BEST EQUIPPED" and maybe a "GOBLIN FODDER!!" for good measure. :D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The latest (and final) episode of Star Trek: Discovery, Life, Itself, has a scene in pink and purple woodland that immediately made me think of Knightmare Series 4.

Today's new episode of Doctor Who, Dot and Bubble, has some sequences that are very reminiscent of Knightmare dungeoneering. There's even some quite definite sidestepping to the left.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote: Yesterday, 15:49 Today's new episode of Doctor Who, Dot and Bubble, has some sequences that are very reminiscent of Knightmare dungeoneering. There's even some quite definite sidestepping to the left.
I thought the same, haha! (I didn't notice the sidestepping though - it mostly seemed like early Series 1 with all that turning 90 degrees!) She also sounded exactly like Gretel in Ariadne's lair at one point. ;D Do you think it was a deliberate Knightmare homage?