Legal Knightmare DVDs

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

Post by Pooka »

PKB wrote: £500 an episode, and what is it, 20 episodes a season?
Nope, it was eight episodes for season one, ten for season eight, and all the others 16. Not to say that it wouldn't still be pricey, bit if this plan were to go ahead, season one would be the cheapest (and most wise!).
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
tiggy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by tiggy »

Wow Mystara - thanks for the numbers, and I have to say that I'm rather shocked! Again, excuse my ignorance but surely a deal could be done given that it is a 15+ year old children's game show that will never see the light of day on a commercial basis again? I would have thought that some money is better than nothing for the rights holders...

Anyway, there's a £113M Euromillions jackpot this Friday and if I get a sizeable chunk of that I'll be more than happy to fund a DVD release :D
tiggy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by tiggy »

Pooka wrote:
Nope, it was eight episodes for season one, ten for season eight, and all the others 16. Not to say that it wouldn't still be pricey, bit if this plan were to go ahead, season one would be the cheapest (and most wise!).
Seasons 6 and 7 had 15 episodes I thought giving a total of 112. So based on the estimated download pricing, a cost of £112 to £224 for everything. I don't think that's unreasonable at all given that you pay 79p per song at itunes...
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I should say that my estimate of £75 came from a complete guess as to the number of episodes. I didn't bother to look it up.

I don't know whether negotiation is possible or not, but I have to say that it seems unlikely. For one thing, we don't have a team of lawyers. For another thing, we're only proposing to buy one episode at a time and cannot guarantee we'll buy the later ones.

What is comes down to is that if we get enough interest, we'll go for it and hope that it draws enough people in. As you can see, the costs are not small. But the project remains feasible. 500 people is not a lot.

BUT the onus is on all of you to drag that support here. We've reached out to you. That's really all we can do. Now you need to reach out to your friends and get them to reach out to theirs.
azb0111
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by azb0111 »

i would buy them, defiantly
CNash
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by CNash »

Have you started a donation fund yet? I think this would be the best indicator of the feasibility of this idea - get the interested parties to put their money where their mouths are. Obviously you won't be able to promise anything, so set a cut-off date - say, one year from the start of the donation drive - where everyone who's donated would be refunded. I know that there are always costs involved with online money transfers, but AFAIK, refunding a PayPal receipt doesn't cost anything.

Start with a basic donation of £1 and invite people to contribute more if they can. Then if the donation amount is enough to secure the rights to a single episode, put it up for download at a price of around £2 or £2.50, with an offer to halve the price for those who have donated. With luck, the profit from the sale will be enough to secure the next episode. Of course, it's going to be a lot harder than that, but there are plenty of business models you could use.

Also, a bigger link on the main site would be a great marketing tool... :)
CNash
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by CNash »

BTW, are you aware that the link on the front page of the website is broken? There's a space in the middle of "knightmare" that shouldn't be there.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Fixed.
Bumptious
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Bumptious »

I would certainly be interested in purchasing Knightmare, were it to be released on DVD. I shall be encouraging as many people as possible to express their interest.
MzBizkitz
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MzBizkitz »

Wow! I'd definitely buy these DVD's ^.^ I'm going to spread the word immediately! Fingers crossed :o)
lemming2
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by lemming2 »

Im Interested I'd buy the dvd's
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Sounds exciting - I would certainly be interesting in buying them.
jim-666
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by jim-666 »

I would buy all of Knightmare to download or on DVD. To be honest I would lobe a DVD of it but if it meant that I could watch Knightmare again I would be more than happy to download it and copy it to a DVD myself!

James
jim-666
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by jim-666 »

Oh and I have posted a link to this website on the "Bring Back Knightmare" Facebook page (there was one there but it was posted last year) and on my own Facebook account. Hope it helps!
Olgarthoflegend99
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Olgarthoflegend99 »

I would buy them