Competition time - Take part in Knightmare Live!

For the discussion of Knightmare Live, the stage adaptation of Knightmare
Post Reply
User avatar
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:53 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Competition time - Take part in Knightmare Live!

Post by Mystara » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:20 am

In case you haven't seen it, in partnership with the team behind Knightmare Live, we are offering you the opportunity to take part in one of the London previews of Knightmare Live.

See the full article here.
Note that entries must be posted on the relevant Facebook post.
Alan Boyd
Website: http://www.twicetwice.co.uk/

Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1877
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset
Contact:

Re: Competition time - Take part in Knightmare Live!

Post by Canadanne » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Loving some of the suggested captions so far! ;D

User avatar
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:53 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by Mystara » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 am

We've now picked our favourites and public voting is now open to determine the winner. The new article can be found here and the associated facebook post is here.

You'd also be doing us a big favour by 'liking' our post, as well as participating in the vote.
Alan Boyd
Website: http://www.twicetwice.co.uk/

Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1877
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset
Contact:

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by Canadanne » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Aww, some of my favourites didn't make the shortlist... I particularly liked "What? ME? Water the plants?! You must be absolutely out of your tiny MIND!" ;D Also "Hans! Hans, you idiot, listen to me. I didn't say I wanted you to send me to a coffee shop. I said I wanted you to "Find the Dungeoneer, and accost-her!"" - clever, and I can totally hear the real Lord Fear saying that one. :D

Of the finalists, my favourite is "When i said i wanted Pickle i didn't mean the sandwich filling i meant the Elf." (Indeed, I think that was my favourite overall.) But I don't do Facebook so I'll just cross my fingers for it. :P

GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by GranitasIsCute » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Yes - those two both seem better than all of the chosen finalists!

Number 3 seems to be winning at the moment but I don't think it deserves to seeing as they can't spell Treguard!

User avatar
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:53 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by Mystara » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Granitas Is Cute wrote:Yes - those two both seem better than all of the chosen finalists!
The problem is, there are 70 entries and therefore, I suspect, 70 different opinions of which one is "the best".

We had to narrow them down somehow.
Alan Boyd
Website: http://www.twicetwice.co.uk/

pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight
Posts: 596
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by pjmlfc05 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Mystara wrote:
Granitas Is Cute wrote:Yes - those two both seem better than all of the chosen finalists!
The problem is, there are 70 entries and therefore, I suspect, 70 different opinions of which one is "the best".

We had to narrow them down somehow.
Out of interest who picked the favourites for the final voting? I guess you have a say!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.

User avatar
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:53 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by Mystara » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Paul Flannery and I each picked our favourite four.
We then picked our favourite two from our own list and our favourite one from the other person's list, to give a total of 6.

We figured that would give the best spread.
Alan Boyd
Website: http://www.twicetwice.co.uk/

GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by GranitasIsCute » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Captions are certainly very subjective. In Seriously Raven! (a competition in The Raven's Eye Magazine) the Captions Round always gave the most varied results from the judges.

Out of the finalists, Number 4 is probably my favourite.

pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight
Posts: 596
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by pjmlfc05 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Mystara wrote:Paul Flannery and I each picked our favourite four.
We then picked our favourite two from our own list and our favourite one from the other person's list, to give a total of 6.

We figured that would give the best spread.
Cool. I guess that's fair enough! Even though my favourite isn't in the final 6 I would like 3 to win. Not on Facebook I'm afraid so can't vote!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.

Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff
Posts: 2206
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by Drassil » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Ross wrote:Captions are certainly very subjective.
The last big Knightmare caption competition was in 2004, when Tim Child offered the Series 7 Shield of Justice (a.k.a. spare eyeshield painted gold) as a prize in an {IKM caption competition} in order to help promote Knightmare VR. Tim chose the shortlist, Mark Knight picked the winner. Then, as now, the choices were controversial - particularly the winning caption, which compared the KMVR orc to a member of the Rolling Stones. Recent photos of the latter at Glastonbury have made this rather topical.

Perhaps it's worth considering further Knightmare.com caption competitions in the future, with or without prizes. They needn't necessarily be in conjunction with Knightmare Live, though if it goes touring after Edinburgh then there will be more dungeoneer spots to fill.

pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight
Posts: 596
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by pjmlfc05 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Drassil wrote:
Ross wrote:Captions are certainly very subjective.
The last big Knightmare caption competition was in 2004, when Tim Child offered the Series 7 Shield of Justice (a.k.a. spare eyeshield painted gold) as a prize in an {IKM caption competition} in order to help promote Knightmare VR. Tim chose the shortlist, Mark Knight picked the winner. Then, as now, the choices were controversial - particularly the winning caption, which compared the KMVR orc to a member of the Rolling Stones. Recent photos of the latter at Glastonbury have made this rather topical.

Perhaps it's worth considering further Knightmare.com caption competitions in the future, with or without prizes. They needn't necessarily be in conjunction with Knightmare Live, though if it goes touring after Edinburgh then there will be more dungeoneer spots to fill.
Just checked the link for the competition for the shield. Just my opinion, but surely there were better captions than the one that won. But what a prize to win though! Lucky Giles!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.

User avatar
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:53 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by Mystara » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Just checked the link for the competition for the shield. Just my opinion, but surely there were better captions than the one that won. But what a prize to win though! Lucky Giles!
Why "Surely"? :)
Alan Boyd
Website: http://www.twicetwice.co.uk/

Post Reply