DungeonMaster Ltd

Discussion about Knightmare in youtube's Geek Week.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

DungeonMaster Ltd

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Tim's statement about not coming out of retirement doesn't really stack up with the following from his Wikipedia entry:

He is currently Managing Director of DungeonMaster Ltd, and is active in producing for the Internet and the advancement of linguistic artificial intellience in drama applications.
TheMightyMartin
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: DungeonMaster Ltd

Post by TheMightyMartin »

Tim's statement about not coming out of retirement doesn't really stack up with the following from his Wikipedia entry:

He is currently Managing Director of DungeonMaster Ltd, and is active in producing for the Internet and the advancement of linguistic artificial intellience in drama applications.
Because, as we all know, Wikipedia is accurate :)
"I love a girl with spirit. It's great fun breaking it!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Because, as we all know, Wikipedia is accurate
I'd say that these days, Wikipedia is pretty reliable, as most of the information on it gets scrutinised and re-written by legions of Supernerds every day. It's come a long way since its early days.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

TheMightyMartin wrote:

I googled that company and a companies website says DungeonMaster Ltd is based in Suffolk, which is also where Tim Child is based (as one of the online articles said - I can't remember which!).
UnclePob
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by UnclePob »

Granitas Is Cute wrote:
TheMightyMartin wrote:

I googled that company and a companies website says DungeonMaster Ltd is based in Suffolk, which is also where Tim Child is based (as one of the online articles said - I can't remember which!).
I just Google-searched the company myself. While there doesn't appear to be much information about the company online right now, and there's certainly no website, the same piece of information seems to just keep popping up:
Dungeonmaster Ltd was incorporated on 16 May 2013 and is located in Suffolk. The company's status is listed as "Live"and it currently has one director. It's founding director was Mr Timothy Maurice Child. Dungeonmaster Ltd does not have any child companies.
Having also seen Tim's correct birth-date stated a number of times, I'm convince this is our Tim Child and that such a company does in fact exist. I wonder whether the Knightmare pilot Tim speaks about here is being developed as part of a show-reel to promote the new company, or whether the company has been set-up as a BroadSword replacement for a modern era of possible new Knightmare? I wonder which way around it is - if it's connected to Knightmare at all that is.

Incidentally, I never knew Tim's middle name was Maurice. I guess that explains where Lord Fear's middle name (as heard in KMVR) came from. I never realised :)
Reboot
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Reboot »

If you look, the endcap of the Geek Week episode states it is "A DungeonMaster production for YouTube"!
By the powers of truth and light, by the sword of Justice bright: Make and mend, shift and blend, until Knightmare once more stands aright!
UnclePob
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by UnclePob »

Reboot wrote:If you look, the endcap of the Geek Week episode states it is "A DungeonMaster production for YouTube"!
Indeed it does (slaps forehead) lol :)

I guess that answers the little mystery I posted about, since we now know it's related to Knightmare. As it's an actual company that's been formed, I'd have said the plot thickens in regards to there being a follow-on series - however we already know the plan to a certain degree thanks to Tim himself speaking of the Geek Week episode plus additional footage being edited to form a proper pilot he can market for a new series.

From this we can see that, in the event the pilot is successful, Tim would remain in the production loop of the new series (as managing director of Dungeon Master Ltd), whether or not he chooses to come out of retirement to manage and produce the show as he always has.