Series 2 - Episode 10

Morghanna
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 2 - Episode 10

Post by Morghanna » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:09 pm

Another memorable episode.
Team 8 were certainly given the hurry-up by the mechanical warrior in the well room. 8-o
The first team to agree to serve Mogdred. >:-] Possibly their quest was doomed as soon as they did.
:question: Were they the only team ever to do this? I don't remember any other.

Why did they choose that silly dagger? ::) Unlike the previous team, they were not given any reason to take it.

An amusing moment with Olaf being attacked by (invisible) angry bees.

Really liked their demise, in an empty 4-exit chamber, stuck in a kind of loop-of-infinity, until life force ran out.... >:-] Presumably without the divining-rod they were in "losing status" and it wouldn't have mattered which exit they tried.
:idea: What a pity they didn't try Mogdred's "POWER" spell in their desperation. It wouldn't have done any good, but at least we would have seen what happened. >:-]
Rather like team 5, their quest was fairly low-key but had a memorable ending.

Team 9 started steadily. I think the fuse on that bomb got stuck....
Got 3/3 against Igneous, altho had some heavy hints from Treguard.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D

Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:37 pm

Morghanna wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:09 pm
Why did they choose that silly dagger? ::) Unlike the previous team, they were not given any reason to take it.

Daggers in consecutive quests. I'd never picked up on that before. There's nothing like a watch-through for noticing trends. Thanks and keep up the good the work!

This variation may be why, in the next series, dungeoneer Scott decided it was worth checking a dagger for markings. It's one of my favourite displays of dungeoneer initiative.

Morghanna
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:25 pm

Thanks, i will look out for that when i move on to series 3.
The final team in series 1 examined their level 3 clue objects extra carefully. It was impressive that they were being so thorough. On that occasion it didn't stop them from making the wrong choice, but generally attention to detail was a sign of a good team.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D