Series 2 - Episode 10

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Series 2 - Episode 10

Post by Illusion »

Do not post here until after 7.30 on 30th June 2004.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 2 - Episode 10

Post by Tom41 »

The team was chased by the Automatum across two rooms! Just got the food and entered the wellway in time!

Also encountered the swinging pendulum room, only used once if I remember correctly! Sadly, I pressed the wrong button on my remote control here (turning the VCR off instead of turning the volume up) so I didn't get this on tape. By the time I turned it on and restarted the tape, they were out of the room. No Animated GIF available then :(

A Knightmare first in Level 2. What appeared to be Cedric was standing by the door with his back to them, but as Treguard was explaining about Cedric, he suddenly got frozen again. 'Cedric' was then revealed to be Mogdred in disguise! Gifted them a POWER spell which they could use as many times as they want.
When Mogdred disappeared, Treguard came out of his freeze and didn't seem to know what had happened until the team explained!

I also liked them using the honey on Olaf, to get bees to attack him!

Although they decided not to use Mogdred's POWER spell, they still took the dagger (a weapon of enemy) instead of the divining rod! Then they couldn't find the right door to get out - every door they took returned them to the same room! The life force 'ran out' there and they died, even though they were still trying to direct the dungeoneer!

Series 5-8 logo used for the break, silent again.
They seemed to have missed off Treguard saying "Enter Stranger", coming back from the ad break with the new dungeoneer coming in.

Next team is from Leeds, same as me ;D
I think this team were let off in the Bomb Room, and were allowed to get the food before the bomb went off!
The Room of Cards makes its 2nd appearance, and they took the door with the Black Jack on it (from Folly's clue). Scored 3/3 at Igneous of Legend, but only after a couple of hints from Treguard ;)

Timed out just as the picture was flying off as they exited the clue room!
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Cracking ep today. Didn't the team who died have a really tough run at the dungeon, though? Start off with the chess game, and face Mogdred at the start of level 2? No wonder they died.

But- Argh! They t o o k t h e d a g g e r. Not again...

Loved the Treguard acting, this time.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Mogdred dressed as Cedric - not the last time that an evil wizard dresses as a monk.

Treguard was in trouble again - I'm waiting for a team to get up and check his pulse before calling for help.

And a Honey Pot Carrier at last - Beez meanz honey.

We were told that the name of the game was Blackjack, I was hoping for "Combat Pontoon." (Being bust, team, is fatal!)

I could be wrong, but did an advisor say "Your in a bomb with a room in it"

Penny for your thoughts . . .
Good night out there; whatever you are!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Before I start I'd just like to say that this Episode was the first one I saw when Knightmare was repeated on Sci Fi the first time it was repeated, the first Episode I saw was Episode 1 of Series 8.

Anyway, great episode, conituing with the encounter with Lilith, chased by the Automatum twice, nice to see Mogdred dressed as Cedric, the team died in a room that would never go away bugger off.

New team, fresh start, with Folly on the ledge, the card room (If it's called that again, and time out in a room that I've forgot about, curse my short term memory.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Tom41, it's the 6-8 logo, not the 5-8 logo ;)

A great moment today where Mogdred was disguised as Cedric- bet no one sar that coming! And the animation of the pendulum room was great, although it's difficult to see how they would have handled it if a dungeoneer had charged right in front of it. Possibly a life force damage. It was silly of them to take that 'silly dagger', as weapons are usually avoided. As for the death, well, I imagine they COULD have got through it by sheer guesswork, just they took the wrong door, and from then on any door they took returned them to the same room. At least they didn't use the POWER spell, though, as dark magic is never to be trusted!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

it's the 3rd time we have seen the cards,
and a true life force drain.. Treguard said they starved!

The power spell much like Glory.. will never know it's secret.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Dam NTL they been "Currently upgrading" my service since 6pm. Apparently it should only take a short time. I'm going wake up before 5am and hope that the upgrade is complete. I'm setting my video so at worst I'll have a half hour of NTL default screen which I can record this episode over at a later date.

Oh well I better get some sleep then.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Mephistopheles wrote:and a true life force drain.. Treguard said they starved!
I wouldn't call it a life force drain, more of a case of simply taking the wrong clue object (the dagger instead of the divining rod). Similar to Team 5 Series 1's death, really- they could have found out which door to take, but instead they guessed wrongly.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Noticed an error in this episode too. As the new dungeoneer calls his advisers, there's a MAJOR shift in camera position and zoom. The result is that it looks like a fade between two different camera angles, rather than simply the advisers gradually appearing.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

*Brollachan in angry*

f**king NTL box, still saying "Currently upgrading", means I have recorded half hour of NTL error message. Hope it is working by tonight as I don't want to miss too much Knightmare. >:(

Still thanks for the describtions of this episode.
;)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I couldn't be asked to get up! ;D

At 5am in the morning and waiting for another 2 hours to go to college! ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

The Brollachan wrote: *Brollachan in angry*

f**king NTL box, still saying "Currently upgrading", means I have recorded half hour of NTL error message. Hope it is working by tonight as I don't want to miss too much Knightmare. >:(

Still thanks for the describtions of this episode.
;)
I used to get grief from the NTL box when I was at uni. It's most likely frozen - it doesn't take that long to upgrade. You might like to try doing a hard reset. To do this, hold down the DOWN button on the front of the box. Still holding it down, switch the box off at the wall. Wait ten seconds. Switch it on again (still holding down DOWN). Wait for a bit. You should hopefully get your channels back, after which you can let go.
Subject to change.
Rick

Post by Rick »

One of the team members did indeed say "Your in a Bomb with a Room in it" in the Bomb room. Interesting blooper... ::)
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

A Good Episode as I've always wanted to see this Death Scene againthe most(dunno why but it really sticks out in my mind)
After seeing this again, I couldnt believe the stupidty of the team, as they only have themselves to blame. I thought that when teams are read the rules, they are told they must NEVER TAKE items which resemble Weapons of the Enemy and Only Take them if indicated as a hint in a clue room or by a charactor etc. OK So maybe they just generally forgot about the rule, but surely one of the advisors would have had it stuck in their mind.

Also here's a thought, Treguard told them to guess at a door, but were they already in losing status anyway, Do we think they really could have found their way if they did find the correct door???? Personally I think they really couldnt guess, and that the items was physiclly needed to progress. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened though if they took the Back Left Door though, the only one they didnt take????