Knightmare Audio Series: Christmas Special 2016

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Christmas Special 2016

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Hello, all!

The Christmas Special of the Knightmare Audio Series is now available to listen to! It was released on Christmas Eve.

You can download it from our website http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com or listen on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYhz_iR ... dl&index=3.

Hope you all had a pleasant Christmas and that our festive offering gives you some enjoyment.
zzt
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Christmas Special 2016

Post by zzt »

Had a listen all the way through! That was a lot of fun - I thought there was at least one particularly nice moment on every level. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't gone through it yet.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

It's been such a busy couple of days that I could only listen to this a few minutes at a time! Thanks guys, I always look forward to your seasonal specials. :)
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheOldenDays »

I believe this special to be another quite brilliant piece of Knightmare homage. It's amazing how much more inspiration we've managed to squeeze out of the show to pay tribute to, including Lord Fear's plan to dress up as Brother Strange and the unusual circumstances of Barry's win, plus turning the old Scaramonger/Ah Wok sequence on its head.

Again, the team sounds absolutely excellent, as our four hand-picked actresses definitely know how to interpret a Knightmare Audio Series script.

If any Corby bus drivers feel like writing in with a complaint, please bear in mind that Kasha and Polly's comments are actually based on buses serving Harpenden and Luton.
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 8 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Specials 2, Episode 2
Original Release Date: 24th December 2016
Throwback Review Date: 20th February 2018
Score: 5 out of 5 (brilliant)

The Good: Again, I completely stand by my original comments about this episode – the fresh, carefully crafted Knightmare homage just keeps coming, from turning the old Wolfenden marketplace sequence on its head, to adapting Lord Fear's dress-up-as-Brother-Strange plan, to crafting a victory sequence based on Barry's unusual but memorable win.

The (Not Really) Bad: I wonder if the Ariadne sound effect should have ended or changed somehow after she became trapped by the WEB spell. I wish I'd emphasised "pointless" to go with the compass comparison. Treguard is actually a little quieter in some places than in others, but I bet no one has ever noticed this.

Conclusion: Another top-drawer special.