a mini knightmare game

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

a mini knightmare game

Post by keke »

just to say that i was bored today and so i decided to make a mini knightmare game just to keep everyone going till skips game comes out. i'll have done a lot of it bye the end of tomorrow(thats how short it will be) and it will be a downloadable(coz im not that good at flash yet). also the guy will move wihtout moving his legs although i might be able to do a sidestep animation. anyways at the moment i can only see myself making 10 rooms tops just because its going to be really hard to make. will post maybe a screenshot tomorow and you can laugh at the badness(paint just doesnt have the effects of a dungeon) and thinking about it now has made me realise how much work skip must have put into his game. you should all thank him greatly. anyways i really dont want to steal skips like idea or spotlight thingy so i won't...
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:a mini knightmare game

Post by keke »

hey look at that i got a screenshot before tomorrow.
http://www.freewebs.com/kekerulesstuff/kmpic1.jpg

see what i mean. paint is bad. oh and the new helmet had to be used because it was the only one i could edit
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SkipTheDreadnort »

This is cool, man. Keep it up, I'd love to see what you can come up with.

Oh, and don't worry about 'stealing the spotlight' or whatever - we're all in this together. In fact, just seeing you come up with something playable would be just the inspiration I need. As a reward of sorts, here's a new Deeper Dungeons screenshot for you.

http://www.skiponline.4t.com/km/room1.html

And just to give you an idea of my development times, the engine that drives this room took me three weeks to complete. And much like your own dungeoneer, his legs don't move, or even sidestep, yet.

Keep it up my friend, I could do with a bit more of your enthusiasm.

Skip
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 Aug 2004, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: The Deeper Dungeons (working title) - Coming Soon
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

You mean
http://www.skiponline.4t.com/km/room1.html

Without the slash on the end - else the image doesn't load. ;)

Knice
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

D'oh. And I call myself a web designer? I really must stop drinking.

Skip
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Hey, keke, that helmet looks good! Better than what I could draw in Paint.

Skip- does anything happen if you step on the letters in the order 'NOPE'? ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

its an actual picture of the helmet for the new one. i just deleted the background and stuck it on. anyways because the program im using isnt really for 3d style games even if its fake 3d like mine just won't work. and so you can dissapear into nothingness so just like dont walk into nothingness unless i try and code it so that once the image of the dungeoneer gets to a certain size it stops. hmmm i shall think. anyway i've doen the first room which is a step on the letters puzzle liek skips and im about to do the second room now. i was thinking of adding little flash animations between levels. what do you think?
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Frightknight - er, nope. Or maybe they would reappear, jumbled up again, as your Life Force creeps steadily towards red. Mwahaha.

Actually, the 'OPEN' letters are just for demonstration puroposes. A similar puzzle will be featured, but I'm going to come up with a much nastier word. Like I said - hard.

Anyway, I've hijacked enough of keke's topic, so I'll sign off. Flash animations would be cool, but my mentality on this is that if they don't add anything to the experience, they shouldn't be included. My between-room animations will be the simple 'whoosh' from the early series. By the way, what software are you using to code this?

Skip
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 Aug 2004, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

im using game maker from www.gamemaker.nl which has a coding function but its not as advanced as flash
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Do you get a Flash one from the macromedia site or a different site?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

A Flash what? If you mean a Flash game maker, you can get all sorts of utilities from sites like http://www.flashkit.com/. I'm not aware of what you can do with them. I thought it would be best just to start from scratch and code the game engine myself.

Even so, check them out, I'm sure there's some pretty handy stuff in there. Keke, looking forward to your mini-project.

Skip
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

i use flash 5 to make animations although i don't know anything about its actionscript or coding abilities.
anyways i've done 2 rooms one with a path above a pit and one just the first room with a floor puzzle. its all very easy but hopefully by level 3 it'll be good and difficult
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

update: finished the 1 riddle wall monster today. its really hard to make anything in this game maker thing because its mostly for 2d platform games but im trying. anyways here's some new screenshots.
http://www.freewebs.com/kekerulesstuff/ ... regame.htm
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Keep it up Keke, your design process seems considerably more efficient than mine. You've output three rooms in the time it took me to make one. Go!

Oh, and as it's nice for the shoe to be on the other foot, I have to ask - when we gonna get something playable? :P

Skip
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

well i been away for 2 days so i designed the level layouts for levels 2 and 3. in level 2 you get to choose your quest(because i forgot to put it in level 1. oops!) and each quest has about 15 rooms. anyways i nearly finished level 1 and then i'll start on 2 and 3. no big enemy people though as i could never do the voices that good so think of it as series 1 of knightmare. (yes i know mogdred was mentioned but never seen) anyways.

as for something playable. the full game should be finished by end of the summer if i can get most of the cool rooms to work(expect many agility erm rooms) and again dont expect this game to be very good. i'll aim to have it finished in 2 weeks but i may have to push it back