Re:End of The Line

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

End of The Line

Post by darkDescender »

Just thought I'd let you know, Challenge seem to be giving Knightmare a rest after series 8 finishes on Saturday. On sunday it's Gamesmaster. Just thought I'd let you all know.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Yeah, I somehow thought this was gonna happen. Still, they did show all 8 series from 23rd December 2002 to 8th July 2004, and there's always a chance that it'll return in 2005...
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Looks like or Challenge adventure is over but I thank them for leeting me again see Knightmare (and see the early series for the first time)

Am I write in saying Series 1 and 2 have only been shown once so far?
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Unless you count the early morning repeats, yes, they've only had one airing during June and July '04.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

This may be a good thing ladies and gents, as when it returns once more (and it will) it will come to an ovation from the fans!

Unlike a certain castle which seems certain to share the same fate, but maybe with a somewhat stagnant appeal to the watchers!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I do have to say as sad I know as it is, I do agree with MPK. I believe that it is a good thing to be rested and also with 2005 around the corner and not much left I belive to go with the Knew VR, things could be very promising :). Just don't start pestering Challenge again. I think if anything people need to thank Challenge for what they have done and not be nasty and threatening because things have come to an end.
Last edited by Anonymous on 22 Nov 2004, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Moana Liza wrote: I do have to say as sad I know as it is, I do agree with MPK.
Charming! LOL! ;D
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

I think it's a good thing that Challenge are resting it for now. Hopefully it'll return after a few months. It's also a good thing Series 1 and 2 have only been aired the once, because I'm sure Challenge will want to repeat them at some point, and get a return out of them.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Yes. *Nods sagely* Personally, I'm glad Knightmare's taking a break. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Gamesmaster again, though. It's been a while. Still, I'm sure Knightmare will return, and although some may be dissapointed that it's gone, we should at least be grateful to Challenge for showing it and letting us relive old memories. I think I speak for most, if not all forum members when I say: Challenge TV, we salute you.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Eli
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eli »

Wow I can't believe it's all over. Well, temporarily over anyway. I'm just thankful that it was shown at all though.

I must admit, despite still watching it, I was starting to find it a chore to wake up at 8 in the weekend, my should-be sleep in (VCR broke ;)).

Thanks Challenge! It was a good era, and I hope that after a rest it will be shown again (primetime, preferiably ;))
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Indeed, after nearly two years of nearly continuous showing it's the right time to give it a rest. They haven't ruled out showing it again in future so that's a good thing.

Never mind 10 years since Knightmare ended... I can't believe it's already 2 years since Challenge started showing Knightmare! :o
You're on the edge of a ledge...
angelordevil4585
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by angelordevil4585 »

I can't believe I'm so idiotic that i forgot to see the VCR to tape the last two eps of KM! *smacks forehead in disbelief*
Now, I don't like to gloat...what am I saying? I can't believe I just said that, dear me, what a little fibber I am. Of course I like to gloat...love it, something of a hobby.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I just fall asleep and forget... ::) :P
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

It looks like we won't have to wait very long before we have Knightmare back, guys. James P mentioned KM's return yesterday in a thread called 'The adventure game when did it start?' on the Challenge forum.

It's probably not been confirmed yet though. I was expecting a much longer wait before news of further repeats.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Actually, I never for one moment expected the show to be rested from Challenge for long. They usually do give such shows a break over Christmas, unless it's included in the Christmas schedules.