Series 9

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Series 9

Post by Wolfshead »

Had there been a series 9 in 1995 what might it have been like?

Similar to series 8? Totally different? Improved graphics and special effects?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't sometime early in 95 when THEY decided not to make another series. If that was the case then is it possible that any new dungeon rooms or effects had been worked before THEY decided to give Knightmare the AXE (or SWORD perhaps).
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 9

Post by HStorm »

According to the interview that Tim Child gave Kieran O'Brien in the New Year, NO development of any kind was started on S9. They already knew before that that the season was not going to run.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Based on the developments between other series, what do you think it would've been like if there had been a series 9
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Pendragon wrote: Based on the developments between other series, what do you think it would've been like if there had been a series 9
Now there's an interesting one!

Hopefully an improvement in the CGI (after being weaned on David Rowe, the Computer graphics looked crap in comparison).

A working VR 'H of J'.

The production getting ever-more seamless between rooms (no/less interrupted gameplay to set up rooms during filming).
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Pendragon, the interview is up in the news archive on the main page, it explains S9 was barely thought of.

S9 would have been very interesting, I can only hope that one of the improvements would have been Reach, maybe actually have it interctive as opposed to computer controlled?
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

When BVA's demonstrator is rolled out, Pendragon may well get his answer.

Maybe not S9... but a similar set-up built by the same talented people?!?

*rubs paws together in unabashed glee*
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Supposing there had been a series 9 in 1995 what characters would people have prefered to be retained or even re-introduced from earlier series?

Remember that Ariadne was re-introduced in series 4 and Motley was re-introduced in series 8 so it can't be ruled out.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I would have liked to have seen an extended S8, really. Full of potential yet let down by timing.

Most of the characters would have carried over, I imagine. I have so many ideas on the season, I don't know where to start! Is where most of the RPG gets created from I guess!

I do feel, however, Motley could have done with a replacement for S9. As the interview states, they tried ideas, but it never seemed to work...
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I wouldn't have liked to have seen Motley replaced - the Dungeon isn't the same without a jester, imo.

Perhaps a series 9 in 1995 might have looked like a cross between series 8 and the series currently in development, with a still-blindfolded Dungeoneer. I also think that most of the characters would have carried over.
Subject to change.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I agree KM needs a jester, but I was sick of Motley by S6. They should've intvented a new one who could actually TELL A JOKE.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

What they may have done in carrying on the them is possibly made Goth level 1, Linghorn and Marblehead level two and goodness knows what seris 3 could have been- a return to Mount Fear perhaps? Maybe even have two leaders of opposition. Mogdread and Fear working together. Imagine how hard the dungeon would be then?
Ooh, nasty!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Also a fair bit of in-fighting as to which is the more superior magician.

There was rumours that the short-cut may have become a permenant feature and a new level 4 introduced. So good teams would have 3 levels to complete, but not so good teams would have to complete 4 levels.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

with the sound of thing Tim Child or whoever designs the levels did not idea of Goth being repeated. But they have repeated level designs before, just not usually moved ip up or down a level. Season 4 is exception where the encounter with Mogdred and Mellisandre after the bridge seemed to moved bewteen level 2 and 3 within the seris.

But i seem to find Goth harder than Marbleheard and Linghorn. Or is that just me?
Ooh, nasty!
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Sounds good, but it would take too long. Hour length episodes would be good for that, in fact they'd be good anyway. I realise of course that this could never have been becasue of the time restrictions and sechedualling on ITV.

Does anyone else thaink that Knightmare would have been better if it went on for an hour.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

twenty minutes was just too short for the programme, was over in no time. 45 minutes would be ok but an hour mybe too long. but to do that would need it to come away totally from citv and cbbc and appeal to us golden oldies. I could live with that. Be interesting to see how it will be kept challeging to go on that long.
Ooh, nasty!