Series 8 - Episode 1

Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 8, Episode 1

Post by Gaminguy »

Wow, sorry didnt mean to post that many.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

There is a handy 'delete' button that you can use.

I have always enjoyed the atmosphere of S8, especially episode 1. Not over the moon on Treguard intro, however. It does not feel very personal to the viewer.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I know this makes 4 posts on one episode for me (although one of them doesn't really count), but weren't team 2 excited when they rushed in? Treguard must've thought they were going to give him a hug.

"This isn't Fun house, boys!"
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Lol, yea and the middle last guy stopped suddenly and the very last guy ran into the back of him. Especially when the Giddeon guy shouted STOP and almost had a heart attack when the snap dragon jumped out, that was funny.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I've heard that they had to stop filming several times during that quest because they kept getting over-excited. I wonder how much of it made the Christmas tape. :)
Subject to change.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Nice to see Tiny in the intro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

That wasn't Tiny, Tiny is half the size of the Miretrog.

Lord Fear hasa a second Red Dragon. Lets hope it doesn't crush by one AGAIN.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Mogdred »

One word. Stilletta. hehehehehe (salacious snigger)
Look upon Mogdred now, look upon Mogdred and QUAIL...
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

You know I've just had another thought over why Team1 failed to pick up the knife, it kinda makes sense.

I think the way they read the scroll was to pick up something Black If you were a boy being the dungeoneer(Which Richard Is,DUH) or to pick something Green up if you were a girl being the dungeoneer, So as it was Richard being the dungioneer, they thought they should pick up something Black( The pigeon droppings) because its Black For a Boy and something else not being the knife.
It would have been really curious to see if this theory was correct if one of the girls was the dungioneer.

Saying this though, I still thought it was quite obvious it should be the knife anyway along with the pigeon dropping so there still is no excuse.

Well thats what I think, I just cant think of any other logical explantion over why they never picked the knife. What do you think?? ??
Last edited by Porsmond on 25 May 2004, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Well Treguard did give a slight hint "What does the scroll say?"
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

Hey, I like this new Episode thread - we needed something more specific for the eps.

It seems a pretty crazy idea to me that you should pick up a different object depending on whether you're a girl or a boy - I can't think of any precedent of this in Knightmare. Also, this team seemed to forget that Level 1 scroll messages can usually be taken literally (unless it's an Opposite Day) and that taking BOTH objects mentioned was probably the best tactic.

I don't like those stupid Snapdragons. You just know they're not going to harm anyone and they look like glovepuppets.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

And so, we begin the dissection of series eight...

After a rousing welcome session with a new and improved Lord Fear - notice the goblins in the far background, just behind 'Ands - we move to the new antechamber. As the new team is summoned, I'd like to make a special request that we don't call them stupid for ignoring certain...clues. I don't believe it was their fault. Anyway, Majida complains about her job, remarking that she also has to get rid of small rodents sometimes. So THAT'S what happened to Fidjit! Moving on, Majida demonstrates how she has learned to distinguish between sizes while Treguard reveals the new Reach Wand. As the quest begins, we have some snapdragons in the tunnels, folllowed by an encounter with Brother Madd, who is a little over-excited about something. Team warn Madd about snapdragons and madd rewards with a Spyglass. The Spyglass reveals Lord Fear's new pad, complete with Large and impressive video screen and even Larger and more impressive fireballs. Also, look closely and you'll see the whole floor moves upwards a little bit aboyt when Lissard says "It's...greatness!" Next is a clue room, but we all know what happens here so let's just move on and skip this room...as did I. They took the key and pigeon muck. Next is Fireball alley followed by an intermission, during which undersized, overweight usherettes sold tiny little ice creams in great big boxes. Return to find a clue room and a statue of Motters. Enter Still'ere. So called because whenever I see her I exclaim "Oh, god, is she still 'ere?" Richard comments on how knice her chest is. Yes, it is quite, isn't it? I think it was mahogany, but I couldn't see what was in it, more's the pity. Still'ere is an arrogant old Troglodyte before strutting off to destroy Eastern civilisation. Richard chucks the bird muck over Motters, releasing him and subjecting us to the terror of that bloody song-and-dance routine. Into the rune room, and Motters runs away in a most cowardly fashion, leaving Richard to be lightly grilled and eaten by a paranoid schizophrenic red dragon with a lisp. The new team is introduced and...oh, hold on...*Pulls out complex looking machine featuring a blank screen and an oversized red button* Okay, this is the "Oh, my God" counter. Now, every time our friend Gideon says "Oh, my God" I press this here button and add one to the total. Beginning in tunnels with more snapdragons, and..."STOP! Oh, my god..." Heh-hah! *Slams fist down on oversized red button and claps enthusiastically as lights flash, bells ring and a panicked face lights up on the little screen* One! The count is one! One "Oh, my God."! Through into a clue room featuring Acme products before time out.

The "Oh, my God" counter is available at Argos, price: Ten Bob.
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Nov 2004, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

I don't like getting particularly picky, but isn't it illogical to everyone that a massive red dragon cannot fit through a six foot door? Still, I suppose it's no different from the Trolls in series 7. The dragon looks good anyway.

Gideon is one of the most memorable advisors. Kind of felt sorry for the other two, who couldn't get a word in edgeways.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
TheIronMaiden
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by TheIronMaiden »

Gaminguy wrote: Lol, yea and the middle last guy stopped suddenly and the very last guy ran into the back of him. Especially when the Giddeon guy shouted STOP and almost had a heart attack when the snap dragon jumped out, that was funny.
Oh yes, I remember their entrance :) very cool.

The first episode of series 8 was something of a shocker for me when it was first shown. I don't think I'd seen a team lose on level 1 before, so to me it seemed like the game had upped the difficulty considerably. I didn't get the puzzle first time round either...mind you, I never understood any of the puzzles back then - everything was random or pot luck to me, certainly made things so tense! When they got to that trap-door I was wondering how the hell they could figure it out...anyone sussed how it would've worked since then?
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

In my mind, definately on of the best seris in terms of dificult and graphics. Though Lord Fear seem to be invincible in this season.

There are still a few gripes.

Never ever agreed with short cut. I feel the winning team should have said to TC that they would rather do it properly, after all there had already been 2 seasons with no winners.

Also team 2 of this season did seem to be a bit victimised just becasue they got so into the adventure.
Ooh, nasty!