Series 5 - Episode 15

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5 Episode 15 (Fri. 21st)

Post by MoanaLiza »

I didn't hear Kelly's last name but with Keeley and Karen being sisters? it does seem to help. Is Kelly also related? all the members from the team seem to be close friends, and so they seem to work well together. Deborah [proper spelling] (prev team) seemed to be leaving it all to big brother (Ian), unless Ian had told her to. I wonder if Richard was just dragged along to make up the numbers! Anyway back to the subject. Was it me or did Ian take a while to figure out to tell Duncan to say Hault as they were going down in the decender! Also I counted about eight floors before Duncan was told to say it and another couple before he said it. The rate they were going I thought that Ian wouldn't even tell Ducan to say it. He also didn't seem to be counting the floors either. Anyway Duncan didn't have much of a chance in the corridor of Blades, with the first blade coming straight away and on the side of the corridor he was standing. Even Pickle didn't have time to even try and attempt to help. That must be the quickest blade to appear and certainly the quickest death in the corridor of blades that I have ever seen.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 22 Nov 2003, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

It certainly indicated a different challenge, that team had done everything in Level 1 right only to get stuffed on their way down to Level 2
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Anyone notice the evil pooka infront of the eye shield  ;D the last ever time those type were used.
They should have done that more often.

And yes that COB death is well funny just  a shame the skull didnt appear.
Last edited by SrWilson3S on 22 Nov 2003, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

that death was a suprise..  someone said that the COB where only seen once in this season.. its been twice.

but the fact that no one has any idear where the team ended up it was impossible for them to get past the blades.  i notice they set the team up quite well for that death and pikle didn't help them this time  :o  ;D

New team look set, looking forward to mondays ep,  hope we see the hobgoblin in action.  but the team have no chance in winning being the finial episode.  >:(
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Johnro
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Johnro »

A very amusing episode indeed - I was practically yelling at the TV telling them to HALT  ;D.  At first I did think it would just keep going until they ran out of life force or dropped into a pit by the corridor of blades was amusing   :D (OK...You're in a...TO YOUR RIGHT!!! TO YOUR RIGHT!!!) DONG!

I wonder what would have happened if they had chosen the left door, /me thinks a suitable drop off a ledge would have been good enough (Series 3 flashback!)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

It depends which series three drop off your talking about. Maybe a certain falling into a pit, S4 style would have been better. Anyways welcome to this sometimes weired and wacky ever growing larger community board. :)
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 22 Nov 2003, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

This was a good episode, dont know why but I forgot to comment on it. Just read Dan's evil comment about me, second time he has done that   :-/  
  This was a hilarious episode when they just kept going. I thought the sound had cut or something because they waited for ages before saying stop. Quickest ever CoB death was excellent. "To Your R.... BONG!" great stuff. New team are fairly gullible "Robin Hood summoning horn" indeed, doubt they will get too far, level 2 maybe. Shame next episode is season end. i was really enjoying S5 ,mainly for the comedy teams.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Sorry about the lateness of this reply but I only just got the chance today to watch this episoed as I had taped it on Friday.

I have taped all but two episoeds I hope Challange is planning to repaet this series as I would like to have the complet sereis on video.

Anyway back to the episoed at hand.

The perviouse team were apsalute rubbish today up untill this point I thought they had been doing alright (deffinatly better then Christopher & Co).

I actually thought that the sound had conqued out because it looked like Ian was counting thr number of floors they went down.

They went down about 9 floors it seemed to me a well deserved and fuuny end to a completly botch quest.

"Your In A.... RIGHT, RIGHT."

"Hahah LOVELY"

The new team looks promising even if they were taken in by Sylvester Hands (Robin Hood calling horn indeed ::) )

The spy glass sequence was another classic example of the brilliant teaming of Mark Knight & Rayner Burton.

Now we have the prospect of perhaps seeing the Hobgoblain Tiny in action on Monday heres hopeing.

Oh well last episoed tommorow better make the most of it. Roll on S6 Roll On.

On a side note of intrest this episoed makred the last apperence in the dungeon of The Assasins which is a shame as these sinister black clocked, hoode and knife weelding nastys had meniced dungeoneers for 3 sesons
Last edited by Skarkill on 23 Nov 2003, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I didn't hear Kelly's last name.
It was Stansfield - Kelly Stansfield.  :)

I wonder if she's related to the singer Lisa....
James Aukett
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

On a side note of intrest this episoed makred the last apperence in the dungeon of The Assasins which is a shame as these sinister black clocked, hoode and knife weelding nastys had meniced dungeoneers for 3 sesons[/quote]

Just  a correction  they menaced for 2 season ;-) I only wish it was more. I think  the lack of music for them in S5 took some of the fright away.
And like i said the last time we saw a evil pooka too infront of the eye shield hehe I miss those.
S6 -evolution into Green turnips and skulls become LOVELY stormgeists ;-).
Last edited by SrWilson3S on 23 Nov 2003, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

There was another cameo appearance by an assassin in Series 7 Team 3, where the team encountered him in the dwarf tunnels just before they went on to meet Hordriss at the end of Level 2
James Aukett
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

That looks more like a Frightknight then an Assassin to me, BUT I could be wrong.
Last edited by Skarkill on 24 Nov 2003, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Yeah I remember that too Im pretty certain it wasnt a assassin just a knight witha  sword.

Lol I remember first time I saw s7 and someone went through dwarf tunnels and walked into brother strange I thought it was a assassin for a moment lol  ;D Now that woulda been hella scary if they did lurk in those tunnels to that creepy music.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 5 Episode 15 (Fri. 21st)

Post by Billy »

(I'm in a rush for this and the next episode, so apologies if it sounds like I'm talking backwards underwater in a thick Grimsby accent)

Episode began with Pickle in a fetching red cloak. The Gatemaster sure proved himself worthy in this ep, summoning away Sly Hands! Then a trip in the Decender, where they had to go down 7 floors...

I counted four, then a cut to an advisor for about 10 seconds. When it cut back to the Decender I counted 5...6...7...Duncan says halt...window...another window...Duncan says halt...stops at door. So how come they didn't get the right stop? They couldn't have got off at one of those windows. I'm guessing a few more doors appeared during the time the camera was on the advisor. Superb CoB death though: "Go to your..." *BONG*! Unfortunately I missed Treguard's explanation to Pickle's comment about not getting to level 2.

Two superb jokes in this episode, one from Pickle:
"Alas, master"
"What's the matter, Pickle?"
"No, a Lancashire lass, master"

"I was part of Robin Hood and his 'dirty men. They called us 'dirty men, cus there were 'dirty of us"

And then timed out with Gwen, scolding them after blowing a goblin horn.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 5 Episode 15 (Fri. 21st)

Post by darkDescender »

Ow. *Clutches head* Let this be a lesson. 2. A.M., Knightmare, the Rocky Horror Show and copious amounts of sugary treats do NOT mix well. *Spends several minutes whimpering and moaning in a most unconvincing manner* O.K. I wasn't paying too much attention to this ep. (It's hard to pay attention when you're swinging from the light fixtures and singing "So Macho") But I remember the Gatemaster with his lovely booming voice, the (much undervalued) Descender and a corridoor of Blades. They could have made it had their reactions been quicker. Had they just yelled "Right!" immediately they may have survived. As it is, the next lot are a rather unfortunate case as they were duped by Sly 'Ands. A brief flash pf a Pooka and an assassain followed by the boring warden. I really don't remember the rest. Oh, well.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"