Series 3 - Episode 10

JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 3 - Episode 10

Post by JamesA »

Canadanne wrote:
JamesA wrote:No, he makes the remark after he's already picked up the food and put it in his knapsack. There's nothing else left on the floor, so I don't know what he could be talking about. Very odd.
Could of course, be something completely shrouded by bluescreen and hence in the end product not visible to the television viewer's eye.... ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Notes for the episode:

Melisandre! Feeding Rodney and his friends. Love this moment, very sweet and fitting for our Mellie.
Branwen-Shee, got to love her.
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

MoanaLiza wrote:Oh dear, what can I say? I would say it's one of those blink and you miss it quests but anyway.
Or, some might say, one of those close-your-eyes-and-hope-it'll-be-over-soon quests.

I'm not convinced that it would have been Brangwen who'd have told them how to use the armourer's gauntlet against the fuse: I think it would have been Treguard, if the team hadn't already been firmly in losing status.

I'm fairly certain that today's double bill on Challenge, Episodes 9-10, was the last two-episode stretch in which nothing beyond Level 1 was seen. Testament to how harsh Series 3 could be.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

If they hadn't kept taking the wrong path i doubt they would have been giving the bomb room.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Team 8 didn't last long. First Douglas nearly walked straight into a pit. He kept edging forwards even tho they told him several times to stop! They were told the first step by Mellisandre, but he wasn't exactly conversational with her. I didn't actually notice the apple on the floor until he mentioned it.

Only 1/3 answers to Brangwen Shee, so were told their quest but all other knowledge denied. They had to choose from gold, key & gauntlet (all potentially useful items) so odds of only 1-in-3 that they would reject the correct item. Ironically they told him to take gauntlet & key, which was probably correct, before Douglas talked them into taking the gold instead of the gauntlet. 8-o

They completely missed the point of stepping onto the ledge to the left (as indicated by Melly) in the serpents-head cavern and deliberately walked straight into the serpents mouth. ::)

Their performance in the next room was unbelievable. Whilst Motley was being conversational, a huge cobra materialised behind him, but they simply ignored it and headed for the exit. >:(
Motley's disgusted reaction when he realised said it all. He would have helped them if they had alerted him. (Altho as they were in losing-status already, that hardly mattered.) Treguard also looked baffled at their reaction.
Incidentally, i loved the medieval concept of Motley going for his yearly bath. ;D

Next up was a short-fuse bomb room, so they needed the gauntlet to stop the fuse. BOOM! 8-o
:question: Was it just my imagination, or did Treguard seem to enjoy dismissing this team?

Team 9 were offered the chalice quest.
They started very slowly thru the vale, but then began to find their confidence. Collected the food and avoided the haunted sword very neatly in the cavern. Escaped the bomb room without too much panic.
Two very tough questions form Golgarach. (If they hadn't read Tolkein, they had no chance.) He was still in full flow when time-out arrived....
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
asrl07
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3 Team 8 - Douglas and co

Post by asrl07 »

AriadnesLayer wrote: 17 Aug 2008, 17:22 Why couldn't Douglas have just shut up and done what he was told?
Because then we would all have to endure watching a very poor team blunder their way along for even longer.