Knightmare urban myths

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare urban myths

Post by Billy » Tue May 27, 2014 10:40 pm

MYTH: The 'Dark Knight' in Children's BBC's 'Incredible Games' was played by Mark Knight.

Heard this at the convention - apologies if the person who said it is reading this! It was a guy called Simon Shelton, who according to Wikipedia later played Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies of all things. I assumed at first that wasn't true and it's someone having a laugh, but enough outside evidence seems to back it up.

Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:04 pm

I am curious as to what this guy was thinking of, as it clearly wasn't Knightmare! ("Did anyone ever see the new KnightMare quite a few years back ... There were a few episodes on a GameShow channel that just had adults on it." Apparently not a reference to the Geek Week episode, which he didn't know about, and which was only a one-off and not shown on TV. It can't have been the TimeGate trailer either.)

shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:22 pm

I just tweeted the guy, asking if he was possibly thinking of another show, I'm waiting on a responce :p

Another personal myth of mine, and linking to a friend who believed this too, was that Hordriss betrayed Treguard in series 6 and helped him to release the Red Dragon. Before I rediscovered Knightmare, I always remembered one of my favourite moments to be when Treguard defeats the dragon, but my memory must have been mixed up because I always remembered Hordriss talking to Lord Fear in the pool right before the dragon was released. And my friend initially thought that Hordriss was all bad so she ended up assuming she was in league with Lord Fear too.

Obviously my memory got muddled and I somehow replaced the moment where Hordriss warns Treguard with the moment when Hordriss is demanding Lord Fear to release Sidriss. But hey, I was just a kid, my memories got mixed up a lot back then XD

UPDATE: I just got a reply: "I could've sworn there was an episode where they got guys from an old episode, who are now in their mid 30s on it." Does anyone have any idea about what he's referring to?
I am merely a young girl's shadow...nothing more...nothing less...

wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:04 am

I liked early Hordriss when ie was neither good or bad, he kinda became a good guy to replace Merlin.

Gameshow channel is probably challenge and the only thing i can think off could be Fort Boyard.. but that has more in common with Crystal Maze. Unless he saw some classic Crystal Maze they did have a KM style game one year.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in