What would happen if....

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

What would happen if....

Post by DazzaS »

I thought it may be a fun idea if a thread was started to discuss what would happen if some quests did not perish. There were some great teams that failed due to being unlucky. How would we have carried it on and what do we think would happen next?
I would like to think teams 6 and 11 from seris 3 would definalty have won their questes and thoroughly deserved it.

But maybe the last room would not be the same as the previous two seasons each finale was always different. Maybe they would actually have a real quest object to bring back to the ante chamber?
Ooh, nasty!
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Re:What would happen if....

Post by Wolfshead »

Certainly there were some great teams that deserved to win, Leo and Martin were extremely and unlcuky just becuase of one lousey riddle they failed in the stained glass room. Me thinks the Guilletine room would be after that, thats how close I think they were from winning.

Also I thnk that Giles from series 4 should have won and the faze shift was unfair, same in series 6 (can't remember dungeonere) when the team had to abbando their quest to get a lightning rod.

Thing is there was a winning team in series 7 right at the end who had to abandon their quest, but still won anyway. In my opinion Giles should've won Also maybe they let him carry on his quest, but editted it out.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

No I doubt they'd have let them carry on. Studio time and resources wouldn't have been allowed over the end of allotted filming time. Production companies are usually very strict about that.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

DazzaS wrote: I thought it may be a fun idea if a thread was started to discuss what would happen if some quests did not perish. There were some great teams that failed due to being unlucky. How would we have carried it on and what do we think would happen next?
I would like to think teams 6 and 11 from seris 3 would definalty have won their questes and thoroughly deserved it.

But maybe the last room would not be the same as the previous two seasons each finale was always different. Maybe they would actually have a real quest object to bring back to the ante chamber?

Hmm...If teams did not perish, then they would have won, surely...So am not sure what else I can say on that matters!

Yes a few teams were potential winners, but again they did make small mistakes, and as unfair as that sound, they died due to making them, and that was fair as far as the game was concerned.

Also, Pendragon, once a quest if finished, they stop playing it. From what I have gathered the final teams never had the chance to complete their quests, although certain teams did get second chances, as has been reported an awful lot around here.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

In series 3 I reckon either Martin or Leo would have reached the guillotine! I mean at the end of the episode where team 5 perish theres a guillotine that looks totally different to the previous series...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Superspurs

Post by Superspurs »

Att the beginning of a lot of the quests the legend that is TREGUARD sometimes asked dungeoneers if they were sure that they wanted to continue.
What would have happened if a dungeoneer had of said "NO".
would they have edited the scene out and started with a new team?
Would they have let the team walk out and included the incident in the show ?
OPINIONS/ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Superspurs on 17 Jun 2004, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

That sounds kinda like a "They would never say..." topic
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

For all we know it did happen. Yes, they'd have edited it out, otherwise it'd be a waste of precious broadcasting time. And as for whether they'd let them leave, we have a thing in this country called freedom of movement, so they wouldn't be allowed to stop them.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Treguard: Are you sure you want to go on with this?

Dungeoneer: Why do you think I travelled this far to get here...