Knightmare Series 5-8

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Series 5-8

Post by WhiteDevil »

hiya guys,
i dont know how many of you watched Knightmare today at 6 but it was proceded by an announcement from the GJ...

It appears that he has been chatting to the top dogs at challenge and they are making a decision on Knightmare as we speak.. So, atleast we will find out soon if its good news or bad news...

The best thing i can say is that the GJ sounded very promising that we will see these Series, he mentioned them in particular  ;D

Adam
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Series 5-8

Post by Brangwen »

Yeah, I was getting rather excited when he mentioned them. Apparently there will be some kind of big announcement on the site and on the forums.

Though I still wonder if they plan on getting the first 2 series'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, fingers crossed. I'd hope they wouldn't say anything like that alongside the broadcast itself if it wasn't expected to be good news.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

oh i missed that part.
But sounds pretty cool. We know that Knightmare is rarted at leats in the top 3 most watched shows on challenge and its really doing pretty well for it self.

Just meens to make up the difference in cost challenge will have to keep to some pretty crappy cheap shows as well unless knightmare really eplodes.  Thats right more Crystal maze LOL
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

wow...thats great news...although not having challenge its just me being happy for you guys.

if anyone knows what the GJ's exact words were i'd be interested but it's not overly important.

Woot-eth ;D

*begins premature celabrations*
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Well, if you look at the current viewing figures for it on the...er....challenge viewing figures post, they'd be pretty stupid not to buy more series! yay!

hehe

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, that table posted here (many thanks) showing Km in 9th place is quite interesting. All the programmes above it are the same title over and over again. If a programme were only allowed to appear once, its figures averaged, that would probably make Km the 2nd or 3rd most popular programme on Challenge. That's not bad going at all! :)

Based on that, I think it is fairly likely that they will get another series. Here's hoping. (Although I haven't got Challenge either, it's still great to know that people now have the opportunity to discover the programme or even rediscover it - and mosey on down here and join our little community. :D)
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Just a thought...do you reckon Knightmare will ever overtake Takeshi's castle? People are bound to get bored of the latter after a while, since it never changes! Granted, it's funny, but the theme seems so repetitive!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Just a thought...do you reckon Knightmare will ever overtake Takeshi's castle? People are bound to get bored of the latter after a while, since it never changes! Granted, it's funny, but the theme seems so repetitive!
Ever the optomist, I think it will, hehe

I've said this so many times that I'm starting to become as repetitive as Takeshi's castle but Takeshi's is only funny the first 4 or so times you watch it, after that it's just not funny and theres not exactly a lot of scope for continuing the programme so I recon people will just get bored of it after a while, the veiwing figures I've seen for Takeshi's have decreased quite significantly (from 200 000 to 160 000) in the last couple of months so it's losing popularity already whilst Knightmare is GAINING popularity, hehehe

hiphip HOORAH!

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Km would seem to be quite a grower, then. :) What can you expect? It's a great programme. :)

It would certainly be brilliant if Km were to top the ratings. That might just clinch it for the buying of more series. :)
Subject to change.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Put it this way Maley, if it doesn't clinch it then what's going to?

If they don't buy more series if it tops the ratings then challenge are pretty stupid and clearly aren't listening to their viewers!

Foxxy 'Optomist' Roxxy
Foxxy Roxxy
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Good point. Then again, Km is very expensive to get. Even if it does do sufficiently well ratings-wise to merit another series, Challenge may not be able to afford it.
Subject to change.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

nah, they just have to charge more for the adverts in knightmare time ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

don't matter how much they cost. after all they will soon make the money back even if its shown every day for the next 10 years lol.  Once challenge only has to pay once.  
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, I think Challenge have acquired rights to show the series a certain number of times (10, I believe) so showing every day for 10 years might not be possible. :)
Subject to change.