Stained glass room - level 3, series 3

tiggy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Stained glass room - level 3, series 3

Post by tiggy »

Hi, have just seen this on the Tim Child interview thread:

What would have come after the stain glass room in series 3? How many more rooms were there afterwoulds.

This is something that's been driving me mad for (literally) years!
My opinion of this is that given that series 3 was very similar to series 2, both teams that got that far had been in level 3 for quite a long time and that one team had all parts of the quest object, the stained glass room was the penultimate room with the next room being the one with the guillotine leading to the final place of magic .
It's also worth noting that from what I recall, the stained glass room appeared earlier into the level in series 2 and also in the credits in one episode of series 3, the guillotine room is shown, which may have given an indication of the finale - does anyone else have a different take on this?
Regards to all.
Tiggy
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Stained glass room - level 3, series 3

Post by MoanaLiza »

The end credits after todays ep showed the showed the guilotine room (for those who didn't know that). So thinking of it then I reacon that that might have been what would have happened!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I too think that's probably what would have happened, thinking about it.

It would have been good if series 3 had series 4-style final conflicts. As it stands, those level 3 deaths in series 3 were rather anti-climatic. I can remember feeling frustrated when they lost because it meant another team would have to start again from the very beginning!  :)
Subject to change.
Whiteknight
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Whiteknight »

I found it even more annoying in the later series to be honest.  In those later series, most teams tended to reach level 3 anyway so a death (notably in the Play Your Cards Right room where a lot of deaths occurred) meant that we had to watch the next team meander to level 3 where the real challenge would begin.

At least a Level 3 death in series 3 meant that you didn't know how long the next dungeoneer would last and therefore keep it more interesting.
'Join us again soon for Knightmare, it's well worth waiting for.'
NouCamp
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by NouCamp »

would have been the guilotine room, then the place of magic. if you notice, the sequence of rooms in level 3 followed a very similar format to that of series 2. So I don't think it would have been any different here.
Whiteknight
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Whiteknight »

I'm sure that it would have been the guilotine room and the place of magic as well.  I remember during Martin's quest where Merlin appears in level 3 and tells the team that they only have 'a short way to go'.

This is one piece of evidence making it unlikely for there to be any other rooms between that and the guilotine room.
'Join us again soon for Knightmare, it's well worth waiting for.'