the adrenaline rush

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

the adrenaline rush

Post by pickle »

:o hi ya guys. Knightmare really was so unique in its ability to shock and scare, but at the same time being totally gripping and enthralling. The anticipation was the key, wondering what was through the next door. I will never forget the sense of dread i felt the first time treguard warned: "mmm, extreme caution team, this is ariadne's lair"(even the first time when i had no idea that a bloody great spider would creep accross the screen!) and then when the team begin to move, but where usually too late, as the big tarantula crawled across the room(which was a forest clearing, tree as a portal and a few webs, and as i recall the next room was her lair as well, with the web above the dungeoneer) and despite being petrified of spiders at the time, i had to watch it. That is why i cant wait until season 4 starts showing. (only 24 days to go!)
even last nite watching the causeways in action i was gripped(but not like PYCR), and i'm 20 for pete's sake!
That is the brilliance of knightmare.  8)
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: the adrenaline rush

Post by Malefact »

Don't worry - I'm 20 too. It's not our fault!  :)
Subject to change.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I know what you mean - I loved the suspense!

I'm 22 and it still enthralls me.  Unfortunately my mum doesn't like it at all - she says I'm too old for it and that it's rubbish!  >:( Huh!  She'll NEVER stop me watching or recording it!
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

I absolutely agree with you on Ariadne's Lair and Play Your Cards Right - they were by far the most terrifying games. Though the early causeways in the Mogdred days were brilliant. Even now, if I hear a goblin horn I panic.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Even now, if I hear a goblin horn I panic.
Me too, and I am also 22. I also panic when the lifeforce is very low!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The Skulls were the best for me...^^

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

I always looked eagerly at the screen, waiting with baited breath to see if an apparition, such as a Skeletron or Skull would appear.

I was also taken by complete surprise whenever one showed up - because I was kinda intrigued & terrified by them at the same time. The show was so terrifying, I wouldn't leave my seat, for fear of missing something altogether nasty...it was an odd reaction to the atmosphere of the show, but I didn't care.

Nowadays, When I look at Knightmare...

Pretty much the same reaction... ;D
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

You know it's a good programme when, while watching recorded episodes, you're tense even though you know what's going to happen.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

oh please let us not forget the block and tackle...the sheer randomness was what scared me. I could always keep my cool at logical stuff coz...well it was logical, you could work it out.

but stuff like block and tackle, goblins chasing you, bomb rooms. races against the clock always loosened a load for me  :D

oh yeah, and the "Dead Wart" always made me cr4p it too :)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Was I the only person to ever find the assassins more un nerving than any other creature?  ;D I dunno just the fact they didnt speak and were like hooded monks with big knives was kinda unnerving when i was a kid and they still give me shivers now!
I wasnt intimidated at all by Ariadnes Lair i actually liked that and was sometimes dissapointed they survived her except for team 3 of season 4   :D. (for the record i have a tarantula on my bedroom wall ;)). causeways were intense too though yeah.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

i think it was the "...or I'll take a limb. Maybe an arm. Maybe a leg. Maybe even, a head" that made me c4ck it ;D

pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by pickle »

welll....i thought dreadnought was a pussy cat
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by pickle »

what...a girly thingy...pussy cat!.......dreadnought
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by pickle »

argghh!.....won't let me put meow cat
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

lol, i think i see the problem...

testing: pussy

were you trying to type pu.ssy (without the full stop) by any chance? lol to filters. in another msg board a i posted at you coun't even type "sniggers" without it getting filtered  ::)

edit -

sniggers !?! WTF! i see this place is just the same ;D at least it's an improvement on "sethnic minorities" which i occasionally got  ::)
Last edited by Pickle123 on 19 May 2003, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

NouCamp
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by NouCamp »

Areadnie wasn't too intimidating, the dreadnought was a baby's thing.  

Causeways were really intensifying, and who can forget the dreaded corridoor of blades? only some dungeoneers survived that.  

From earlier series the bomb rooms were farily intense and, perhaps my favourite room, was the dread medusa, now that was intensity and a half as dungeoneers would freeze if they were not careful, and you never knew whether they were being careful or not.  

Oh, and of course, the trolls - when you heard those footsteps get louder, it alll got so intensifying and thrilling.