Knightmare Audio Series: Christmas Special 2017

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Christmas Special 2017

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Hello, all!

The Christmas Special of the Knightmare Audio Series is now available to listen to!

You can download it from our website http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com.

Hope you all have a pleasant Christmas and that our festive offering gives you some enjoyment! :D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Christmas Special 2017

Post by Drassil »

Thank you, Ross. May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent appearance in Raven? A good outcome to your devotion to the series.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Haha, thanks! How did you find out about my TV appearance? ;)

Some people are having issues with viewing the episode on the page, so the direct link is here - www.mediafire.com/file/4xnj6nke1eweyhx/ ... l_2017.mp3.
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheOldenDays »

This is another top-drawer piece of Knightmare homage in my opinion. Roz Pearson evokes Carina wonderfully as a very canny and acerbic dungeoneer, which brings to life scenes such as the Tobias exchange and the Sewers of Goth subterfuge so nicely.

Other highlights for me include the whole Pixel sequence, the Sir Hugh scene, Lord Fear's Take That references and the Chamber of Opposite Extraction. To make things quite clear, the correct answers to Merlin's questions were Scafell Pike, Nottingham and minus thirteen.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

The special is now available on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIfFaJ ... e=youtu.be. :D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

GranitasIsCute wrote: 24 Dec 2017, 23:38 Haha, thanks! How did you find out about my TV appearance? ;)
I saw your tweet about it. It's important to respect the privacy of fellow Knightmare fans, but since you'd already made it public, I hoped you wouldn't mind me mentioning it here.

Thank you for the YouTube link: my preferred way of listening to the audio series. I always enjoy the festive additions to the theme tune.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Ha! The rant about "changing the recipe" was spot on. ;) Treguard's line about the corridor made me laugh, too!

Enjoyed this as always - thank you and a belated Merry Christmas!
DuxBellorum
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DuxBellorum »

Great to hear a knew episode!

Brilliantly done, excellent work!!

:D 8) :D
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 8 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Specials 2, Episode 4
Original Release Date: 24th December 2017
Throwback Review Date: 22nd February 2018
Score: 5 out of 5 (brilliant)

The Good: This final special in the batch certainly manages to live up to the high standards of the first three. As I said in my original review, the part of Carina really is an excellent showcase for Roz Pearson as a voice actor, and I love the pleasingly varied, carefully crafted Knightmare homage as much as ever.

The (Not Really) Bad: Level 1 is rather linear and possibly a bit short. After Charlie said "Stay!" at the end of the Corridor of Blades sequence, there should have been one more blade sound effect.

Conclusion: It's the end of an era, but it certainly goes out on a high.