Knightmare chat :New game

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Knightmare chat :New game

Post by Mystara »

Given the popularity of Werewolf, I am considering adding a couple more short, simple, bluffing games to the channel.

The first is Avalon
Paraphrasing the rules slightly: Each player is good or evil (secret). The game is made up of 5 rounds. In each round, a number of players must be selected to engage in a quest. A leader proposes the players and each player secretly votes on whether they agree or not. If agreed, the selected players then secretly vote on whether the quest fails or succeeds. In most cases, a single failure means the quest fails. If not agreed, the next player becomes the leader.

Each round, more players must be sent on the quest, thereby making it harder to win.

The good team wins if more quests are won than lost, otherwise the evil team win.

One of the good guys (Merlin) knows who all the bad guys are. But if, at the end of the game, the evil players can identify merlin, they win automatically.

The game takes slightly longer than werewolf (probably about 20 minutes). However, there is less to keep track of.

The second is mascarade:
Again paraphrasing, each player starts with 6 coins, the goal is to get 13. Each player has a card, which has a special ability (e.g gain 3 coins, steal 2 coins, look at a player's card, etc).

Each round, you may either look at a player's card, secretly swap (or pretend to swap) your card with another player, or announce that you have a card.

In the latter case, if nobody challenges you, you can use that power. If they do challenge you, then each of you must reveal your cards. Incorrect players pay a fine. If the role in question is revealed, its power is used.

It's effectively a more complex version of "cheat!"
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare chat :New game

Post by Picklemyfav »

those sound quite cool games......... not sure how good i'll be at them but i'll try my best at them anyway..
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare chat :New game

Post by Picklemyfav »

i haven't played those two games before........ in any form..... you must know a lot of card games alan.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."