Unintended Knightmare references in our lives

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Rhea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Unintended Knightmare references in our lives

Post by Rhea »

Nope, she was female and then it turned into the time warp as well :D
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Next month, the University of Greenwich is opening a new student hub called Dreadnought. I wonder if anyone without an ID card has to sacrifice a limb to get in...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

KaM wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 18:46 Next month, the University of Greenwich is opening a new student hub called Dreadnought. I wonder if anyone without an ID card has to sacrifice a limb to get in...
And would there be room for them? Judging by the highly impressive eyeshield footage, the place is filled with Pixel's (larger, wingless) relatives.

I like the bit around 2:30 where the dwarf tunnels give way to facilities where a dungeoneer would be unlikely to encounter Sylvester Hands. I assume one of the showers is left slightly on in case Barry returns.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Harry Potter: Gringotts Wizarding Bank Advert

Ten seconds in, two immortal words uttered. I needn't say any more.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The band Doves recently released the music video to their brand new song Prisoners, in which the very last scene is an open landscape which eventually leads to going through a black doorway/portal.
(If anyone's curious, you can watch the video here.)

Now, I wonder where I've seen that before...
James Aukett
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Gary Barlow recently released a new song called Elita.

If you want to have a listen to the song you can do so here.

Sadly at no point anywhere could I find an indication towards a rude cavern elf...
James Aukett
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

JamesA wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 18:49 Gary Barlow recently released a new song called Elita.

If you want to have a listen to the song you can do so here.

Sadly at no point anywhere could I find an indication towards a rude cavern elf...
She would approve of this set of lyrics surely :D

"She's a girl from a town
Where nobody knows your name, where nobody's found" & "One dance and we'll be singing hallelujah" unless you're a certain goblin master! ;)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Today I visited a shop in East London called "Knightmarez".

It is a furniture shop and one guy who worked there seemed quite amused as he saw me take my photo of the shop's exterior. I went inside the shop and told him about the TV show of the almost similar sounding name, and he said that he remembers it, where the kid wore a helmet and walked around blindfolded through the dungeon. Though he didn't actually say if the shop's name was genuinely inspired by the programme we all know and love...

Photo I took of the shop is below and if you're so inclined, you can also have a look at their website.
Attachments
Knightmarez.jpg
James Aukett
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Velda wrote: 03 Jan 2008, 16:57 (Lillith’s chamber – she is on the ledge on the other side of a chasm)

David: Where am I?

David H:   David, you’re in a rocky cavern. You’re standing on the edge of a chasm (he pronounces this as “cha-sem”!) right, so don’t move. A chasm, sorry. Now, at the top of the cavern there is a serpent’s head and across the chasm is a woman.
Today I overheard someone talking about how, having only ever seen the word 'chasm' written down, she'd been mispronouncing it without a silent h until someone else had corrected her. An unintended tribute to David the advisor from the first team of Series 1.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.