365 days a year?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

365 days a year?

Post by MoanaLiza »

I used to enjoy watching a few shows on challange including the Crystal Maze, which was once one of my favourites but I got bored with it like a few others. That was the result of Challenge showing them about 365 days a year!

You probably will not agree with me at the moment but if Challenge were to show Knightmare 365 days a year, then I think that we probably all would eventually get bored or be sick of it. I think that one of the reasons that it stayed popular was that it was not shown every day all year round.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: 365 days a year?

Post by pickle »

i totally agree. I could manage with two times a weekend. Although with me hopefully off to uni in sept/oct it'll be better for me. If it's shown everyday the series will be finished in 3 weeks, allowing for the possibility of series 5? to be shown before i go off.

Interesting times ahead!
neil. ;)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Well, I know that a lot of people are sick of the shows that Challenge? repeat over and over. However, those shows are still often in their Top 10 programmes for the week. If a show still gets good ratings, I can see why they keep showing them. In addition, they have recently cut down on the daily showings of The Crystal Maze, and rested a few other shows.

So if Knightmare was repeated many times, it would most likely be because enough people were still watching it.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Well then u stop wathing them.

Also if Knightmare was your leading tv show and was able to change your life in any kind of way u would never get board of it..its depends on how important it is to u.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

Not being a subscriber to sky or digital my knightmare watching days ended when ITV stopped showing them.

(In fact i did get sky, once, specificly for knightmare on sci-fi...no sooner did i get it than it stopped being shown >:( . I now no longer have it)

And i was only little back then. However i do feel that having to wait that week, one friday to the next, made you appreciat the episode more when you finally saw it.

I wouldnt complain if knightmare was on everyday/at all for me but I would very much hate to grow sick of knightmare...it's such a great show.

*grumble grumble* Fun House *grumble grumble* >:( >:( >:(
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't seen these re-runs of Knightmare. And as I don't have any tapes, I have to work from memory. Sigh.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

*starts a "knightmare underdogs" group for those without sky*

wanna join T_B_S? ;)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please