Series 3 & 4 on Challenge

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3 & 4 on Challenge

Post by EvelynMason »

Canadanne wrote:The Saturday morning repeat of episode 3 or 4 (I don't know which one they showed again) was the 6th most watched programme all week on Challenge +1, with 20,000 viewers. :) The only things more popular were a couple of episodes of Ninja Warrior, Catchphrase, Videogame Nation and Pointless.
Knightmare is the only programme I (now) watch on Challenge. I've seen all the other mentioned shows apart from Videogame Nation, and while I can imagine Ninja Warrior bringing in a large number of viewers, Pointless is just that - pointless. Saw one episode once and was so uninspired, that by the end, vowed never to tune in again. Catchphrase was good for one or two episodes but some would quickly lose interest.

But 20,000 for the repeat is still a good number, it's just I'm a little dismayed it was beaten by some of the other shows mentioned. :(
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

EvelynMason wrote:Pointless is just that - pointless. Saw one episode once and was so uninspired, that by the end, vowed never to tune in again.
Wow, really? It's one of my favourite programmes, by far the best quiz show in recent years IMHO.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

EvelynMason wrote:
Canadanne wrote:The Saturday morning repeat of episode 3 or 4 (I don't know which one they showed again) was the 6th most watched programme all week on Challenge +1, with 20,000 viewers. :) The only things more popular were a couple of episodes of Ninja Warrior, Catchphrase, Videogame Nation and Pointless.
Knightmare is the only programme I (now) watch on Challenge. I've seen all the other mentioned shows apart from Videogame Nation, and while I can imagine Ninja Warrior bringing in a large number of viewers, Pointless is just that - pointless. Saw one episode once and was so uninspired, that by the end, vowed never to tune in again. Catchphrase was good for one or two episodes but some would quickly lose interest.

But 20,000 for the repeat is still a good number, it's just I'm a little dismayed it was beaten by some of the other shows mentioned. :(
Pointless is not too bad. It's different I guess. The Chase is the best for me though.

Anyways, good figures though, especially for a repeat. Long may it continue. Then Challenge may be tempted to acquire further series. Fingers crossed!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

EvelynMason wrote:

Pointless has grown on me over time and I'm now quite fond of it. I greatly enjoyed being involved with Jake's Knightmare Pointless games on the forum in 2011.

The viewing figure 20,000 looks good on its own but disappointing next to last year's ratings and indeed 2003's ratings. Perhaps the earlyish timeslot is to blame for that. The important thing is that Challenge sees the 2015 and 2016 ratings as high enough to justify buying Series 5-8.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Thing is they still buy shows that get less ratings.
I only turn in to watch KM, although i did watch an episode of Robot wars last week as there was nothing else on. :)
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:I greatly enjoyed being involved with Jake's Knightmare Pointless games on the forum in 2011.
Me too!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Whoo, episode 7 was the most watched programme on Challenge +1 that week - 40,000 viewers!
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Canadanne wrote:Whoo, episode 7 was the most watched programme on Challenge +1 that week - 40,000 viewers!
That's the one-hour repeat channel isn't it ? Sure we used to have that but the satellite receiver has since been discarded and our latest version won't accommodate it. If it were possible now, would not hesitate to watch the same episode back to back - regardless of how ridiculous or uneventful it may have been.

40,000 is a very good number though, these people obviously possess taste.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Just a heads up that Series 4 of Knightmare comes to Challenge this coming Sunday (December 20th) with Episodes 1 & 2 being shown from 10am onwards.

However, thanks to Challenge deciding to cease with their "normal schedule" between December 21st and January 3rd, Series 4 Episodes 3 & 4 will frustratingly not be shown until January 10th - as Challenge have stated that they will be playing some of their favourite shows instead over the Christmas period. Annoying in my point of view yes, but hey go figure....

All of the above information can be presently found on Challenge TV's Facebook page.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

JamesA wrote:Just a heads up that Series 4 of Knightmare comes to Challenge this coming Sunday (December 20th) with Episodes 1 & 2 being shown from 10am onwards.

However, thanks to Challenge deciding to cease with their "normal schedule" between December 21st and January 3rd, Series 4 Episodes 3 & 4 will frustratingly not be shown until January 10th - as Challenge have stated that they will be playing some of their favourite shows instead over the Christmas period. Annoying in my point of view yes, but hey go figure....

All of the above information can be presently found on Challenge TV's Facebook page.
Series 4 already ? I haven't seen much of Series 3. :(

Yes it's disappointing that they won't show more episodes over the time specified and I don't watch anything else their channel has to 'offer'.

Is it not possible another TV station could gain the rights and show the episodes ? (Have found their broadcast limits 'unsatisfactory', so to speak).

Three weeks without Knightmare will seem like an eternity for fans out there.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

It's good their showing it, but would be better to start S4 after christmas.
Even if they kept KM unchanged over christmas it wouldn't do them any harm, it's only one hour a week.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 4 on Challenge TV

Post by JamesA »

Series 4 returns to Challenge TV this Sunday at 10am.
James Aukett
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 4 on Challenge

Post by JamesA »

Was anyone else slightly thrown off this morning at the beginning of both episodes?

During both of them the Series 1-3 music came on and for a moment I was slightly concerned that Challenge had decided to stop showing Series 4 and go back to showing more Series 1 to 3 repeats instead.

But no, as soon after the 1-3 intro music had finished both episodes cut (rather awkwardly, I have to say) straight into Treguard's "Greetings" for Series 4 Episodes 5 & 6.

I just don't understand why someone within Challenge made the decision to replace the Series 4 intro music with the earlier series intro instead. For someone like me, this comes across as VERY CONFUSING!
James Aukett
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Thank goodness normal service was resumed this morning with the Series 4 intro music preceding both shows, which of course with Challenge showing Series 4 is as it should be.

We're also set for a certain sidestepping incident occurring during next Sunday morning's episodes....
James Aukett
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

JamesA wrote:We're also set for a certain sidestepping incident occurring during next Sunday morning's episodes....
Just over 25 years when it first happened, we can still see poor Simon fall to his demise!! In all seriousness, would love to hear his take on this and what he thinks about it today.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.