Series 3 & 4 on Challenge

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 3 & 4 on Challenge

Post by JamesA »

Drassil wrote:It's still a far cry from the days when a chap from Challenge (JamesP) would post Knightmare scheduling news directly to the forum. Admittedly that was when Challenge.co.uk had a forum too, before the era of social media. But Challenge should realise that if they keep Knightmare.com on the forefront when it comes to KM news - i.e. emailing us details as soon as they're available, which as far as I know doesn't happen - we can and will publicise it on the website.
You may be interested to know that my choice of username was based on a variation of JamesP (on another forum I use to visit, there was a user called Jim B so naturally I opted for Jim A on there).

Also, this tweet from Challenge TV confirms that they will commence showing Series 3 & 4 of Knightmare from Sunday October 25th.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 3 & 4 on Challenge

Post by Drassil »

JamesA wrote:Also, this tweet from Challenge TV confirms that they will commence showing Series 3 & 4 of Knightmare from Sunday October 25th.
A later tweet confirmed that Challenge will be sticking with Sunday double bills of Knightmare. (I had wondered whether they might revive the Friday night Late Zone since they've also bought Series 3 & 4 of Fun House.) This means, I think, that Series 3 will conclude on 13th December with Episodes 15 & 16. I have a Knightmare.com article ready but am holding on for confirmation of what time Knightmare will be on.

Even if the Series 4 repeats begin the following Sunday (20th December), they may be disrupted by Christmas scheduling, so I think it's worth waiting for more information and putting out a separate announcement/article nearer the time anyway.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Got to be quick as the Rugby is about to start but it's a relief to know that we're going to see a new series now other than the first two that Challenge would always feature. >:D As I said before don't believe I've seen past Series 2 on TV since the original run in what would have been the 1980s so this is something that brings about considerable excitement.

It's a shame we will only have the usual 2 shows on a Sunday (I thought maybe they could have stretched to an extra day of programmes) but at least we will get to see some new material. Obvious new characters to be introduced, possible new title design and rooms and corridors to explore. Looking forward to this.
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

I felt a bit ripped off that there was no Knightmare to tune in to on Sunday... I had my special cheese on toast, a mega pot of tea to drink, and what was on? Videogaming nation.

This was worse than the time I tuned into the Food Network, one day to find it had turned into God TV.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Knightmare Series 3 returns to Challenge next Sunday at 10am!

Now we all know what time we need to tune in...
James Aukett
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Cheers for the heads up.

Dunno about anyone else but 10am on a Sunday I'm still asleep.
I guess Graveyard shift is better than nothing, but also a pity it's only one episode again, should be double bills or weekdays to keep momentum.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I thought it *was* going to be double bills?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Yes, it will be a double bill from 10-11am - should have made that a bit clearer, apologies.
James Aukett
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

YAY.
But I miss the Friday nights, i'll have to record it and save it for Fridays :D
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Nice promo video on Challenge's YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXLHj9J12T0
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

JamesA wrote:Yes, it will be a double bill from 10-11am - should have made that a bit clearer, apologies.
No need to apologise at all, James. The double bill scheduling was reported in my earlier post as well as in the Knightmare.com article, so you're not remotely at fault.

When Knightmare returned to Challenge in 2013, Freesat customers were unable to watch it. The pendulum has now swung the other way, with both Challenge and Challenge+1 on Freesat while Freeview only has Challenge.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

JamesA wrote:Knightmare Series 3 returns to Challenge next Sunday at 10am!

The series was on Sunday last, but missed the episodes broadcast. Thought it may have been the Series 3 shown, but according to listings in a TV magazine they put on the very first episodes from Series 1 - so damage was minimal. Trying to keep up with events but it's only lack of awareness on my part.

The 10am start as mentioned in another post isn't for everyone but still eagerly anticipate the start of Series 3 this coming weekend. Once again other than clips from Youtube, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have seen the series in question since original broadcast 25 + years ago.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

EvelynMason wrote:

The series was on Sunday last, but missed the episodes broadcast. Thought it may have been the Series 3 shown, but according to listings in a TV magazine they put on the very first episodes from Series 1 - so damage was minimal. Trying to keep up with events but it's only lack of awareness on my part.

The 10am start as mentioned in another post isn't for everyone but still eagerly anticipate the start of Series 3 this coming weekend. Once again other than clips from Youtube, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have seen the series in question since original broadcast 25 + years ago.
The first two episodes of Series 3 were shown yesterday (25th October), so it will be episodes 3 and 4 this coming weekend.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

EvelynMason wrote:

The series was on Sunday last, but missed the episodes broadcast. Thought it may have been the Series 3 shown, but according to listings in a TV magazine they put on the very first episodes from Series 1 - so damage was minimal.
Some TV listings did wrongly suggest that 25th October's episodes would be from Challenge's long-gone First Ever Eps season. But the advert/trailer from Challenge itself (as linked to in Annie's post) had specified otherwise and the Knightmare.com article (as linked to in my post) wouldn't have echoed that unless we were certain.

It's unthinkable though that Challenge won't run through Series 3 again, once they've shown all of Series 3 and 4.

Challenge also appears to be showing one episode of Knightmare on Saturdays at 10:30am. I haven't caught any of these yet but I suspect that each time it's the first episode of the previous Sunday's double bill. The Sunday showings aren't being disrupted.
EvelynMason wrote:Once again other than clips from Youtube, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have seen the series in question since original broadcast 25 + years ago.
Although Series 3 has been repeated on Challenge before, this is the first time it's been on free-to-air television since the original Children's ITV broadcast in 1989, which only adds to the excitement.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

The Saturday morning repeat of episode 3 or 4 (I don't know which one they showed again) was the 6th most watched programme all week on Challenge +1, with 20,000 viewers. :) The only things more popular were a couple of episodes of Ninja Warrior, Catchphrase, Videogame Nation and Pointless.