Knightmare adverts on CITV

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Knightmare adverts on CITV

Post by Wolfshead »

Can anyone remember the adverts for Knightmare?

I have a very vague recollection of a couple of advets for series 4 that was shown around the end of the summer holidays and on the days leading up to episode 1.

One advert had Hordris sitting in the green kitchen with a series 4 Pooka casting spells in Latin.

Another showed Fatilla saying "watch Knightmare I will blip you and blop you and my mate Mervin l'e bite your head off." Behind him was a big snake, probably the Dreaded Karr.

Another one showed all the characters from the Dungeon coming out of the portal and crowding around Treguard's chair and staring at the camera.

Also there was an advert that showed the crumbling bridge.

Can anyone remember these and any others, or have them on tape?

Also can anyone remember Hugo Myatt appearing on Motormouth? This would have been in June or July of 1990.

I think it was Andy Crane that went to Anglia studios to meet Hugo Myatt, he was in his Treguard costume and talking about what series 4 would be like. In the background was the castle rampart where Treguard said goodbye to teams in series 3.
Last edited by Wolfshead on 29 May 2004, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare adverts on CITV

Post by MoanaLiza »

If anyone has got them I wonder if they could convert them and maybe Illusion might also upload them :D 8).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Indeed. I'd really like to source some Knightmare CITV trailers. I have one or two already in the CITV section: http://www.knightmare.com/series/citv/
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Thers a couple of other things too:

In 1989 I remember Jeanne and Scally had a female Dungeonere on the show, I don't know which one though.

Also does anyone remember Jason Donovan introducing the last episode of Series 3.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

I remember just before the final season, CITV showed a whole run of different adverts, all set in the dark green tunnels of level 3, and the camera was moving forwards down it, and there were some characters in the centre of the picture saying something like "It's ready, are you" or something to that extent!

I believe I remember seeing one of Stilletta and Majida, and possibly Fear, dont quote me on that though!

I dont think they actually said the word Knightmare, but you definatley knew what it was! Quite exciting really!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

I can't believe that no-one can remember the series 4 adverts

Too young to remember I gues
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

threr was a very brief one to seres 8 where they said citv made for you it included childrens ward and Knightmare where Lord fear, lissard and Smirkenorf said knightmare in turn. then the credit to knightmare rolled (i still have myoriginal s8!!:)
knightmaredave
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare adverts on CITV

Post by Drassil »

Wolfshead wrote:Can anyone remember the adverts for Knightmare?

I have a very vague recollection of a couple of advets for series 4 that was shown around the end of the summer holidays and on the days leading up to episode 1.

One advert had Hordris sitting in the green kitchen with a series 4 Pooka casting spells in Latin.

Another showed Fatilla saying "watch Knightmare I will blip you and blop you and my mate Mervin l'e bite your head off." Behind him was a big snake, probably the Dreaded Karr.

Another one showed all the characters from the Dungeon coming out of the portal and crowding around Treguard's chair and staring at the camera.

Also there was an advert that showed the crumbling bridge.

Can anyone remember these and any others, or have them on tape?
In all the years of online Knightmare fandom, as far as I know, no one else has ever mentioned these adverts. If anyone reading this remembers them, even vaguely, it's not too late to say so!
Wolfshead wrote:Also can anyone remember Hugo Myatt appearing on Motormouth? This would have been in June or July of 1990.

I think it was Andy Crane that went to Anglia studios to meet Hugo Myatt, he was in his Treguard costume and talking about what series 4 would be like. In the background was the castle rampart where Treguard said goodbye to teams in series 3.
Summer 1990 was when Knightmare Series 4 was being filmed and Andy Crane did co-present Motormouth. But Motormouth ran from September to March/April when it was on. Ghost Train was ITV's Saturday morning programme in June/July of 1990 and Andy Crane didn't present it. Is it possible that the item was filmed with Andy that summer and then shown on Motormouth ahead of Series 4 starting? S4 began on Friday 7th September; the new series of Motormouth began on Saturday 1st September; there's a clip on YouTube of the beginning of the latter episode, with no suggestion in the 'menu' that a Knightmare item was to feature.

Again, if anyone has any fragments of memory that could help us get to the truth of this, even after so long, please do let us know.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

These like the Motormouth madness do harken the faintest of Goblin Horns - particularly the Fatilla one. They would make excellent extras with all the the CITV continuity on an imaginary albeit much wanted Knightmare official dvd set.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Back to the original topic, I don't recall any adverts for Knightmare on CITV (I recall the ones on Sci-Fi and Challenge, which involved a man with a bin on his head!), so I'd like to see these as well.

I still have an advert for CITV itself featuring Lissard from Knightmare (and many other programmes of the time) from 1993 - here's an MPEG if you want it (David, Alan, Keith - by all means add this to the site if you can) - it's not really an advert for KM, but nevertheless...!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.