Knightmare Live pre-meet up this evening 09.05.14 @ 6pm

For the discussion of Knightmare Live, the stage adaptation of Knightmare
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare Live pre-meet up this evening 09.05.14 @ 6pm

Post by JamesA »

Just to confirm that the meet-up for drinks before Knightmare Live tonight is still on.

It will taking place at The Plasterers Arms from 6pm - an hour before doors open for Knightmare Live:
43 Cowgate (just around the corner from Epic Studios)

The venue does a selection of food (mainly pizzas) and further info plus a map can be found by clicking on the link below:

http://www.theplasterersarms.co.uk

If you are seeing Knightmare Live tonight and are able to come along beforehand, then hopefully see you there!
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Live pre-meet up this evening 09.05.14 @ 6pm

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Just a quick question guys, I know hugo, mark, david rowe and childs are confirmed as guests but is anyone else confirmed, I want to do some fanart of characters and bring it with Me tomorrow, is My treguard pic from last year still good enough to bring or should I start over and do another just curious.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The only other guest who I know is definitely confirmed is Cliff Barry (Lissard).

I'm sure the fanart pics you did last year will impress Hugo et al if you want to bring them along and show them.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

JamesA wrote:The only other guest who I know is definitely confirmed is Cliff Barry (Lissard).

I'm sure the fanart pics you did last year will impress Hugo et al if you want to bring them along and show them.
True, I'll bring My treguard fan art from last year, and Cliff Barrie is confirmed? cool, I'll work on some fan art of lissard, struggling to draw lord fear and I'll try and draw a few more.

Thanks for the heads up, wish I hadn't left this too late.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Well took a lot longer than expected but it's finished

Just need to print this out along with treguard fan art and bring it along tomorrow.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The pre-Knightmare Live meetup ended up feeding directly into the show itself. Paul Flannery (Treguard) came into the Plasterers Arms to recruit contestants. Mark Knight and Stuart Ashen ended up as advisors; the dungeoneer was none other than James.

If anyone would like to write a full-length review of the show for Knightmare.com, feel free to submit an article. Briefer thoughts on the performance are welcome here on the forum. It would be particularly good to hear from anyone who saw Knightmare Live for the first time, having waited a while. Please avoid posting plot spoilers though!
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Drassil - any idea if we can get away with popsting vague things like 'The show was awesome because of reasons?' or do you want a little more than that? I ask because all my brain is giving me is just 'Good cast, amazing props/set, awesome plot twist...'
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

8-o
Gretl wrote:Drassil - any idea if we can get away with popsting vague things like 'The show was awesome because of reasons?' or do you want a little more than that? I ask because all my brain is giving me is just 'Good cast, amazing props/set, awesome plot twist...'
Ixnay on the PT... 8-o
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Well yeah, hence the vague of 'awesome pt' cause... that says nothing but that people need to see it.
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

Gretl wrote:Well yeah, hence the vague of 'awesome pt' cause... that says nothing but that people need to see it.
Just hope that anyone who hasn't seen it will avoid Mark Knight's first Q&A Session ;D
dogmanjack
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dogmanjack »

Is it a straight-up play, or are there advisors from the public?
I don't think that was a plot twist, more just an unexpected article.
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Thank god for Cliff muddling the matter some with his 'Ah yes, my new best mate' thing... covered it well enough. LOL, I think Mark forgot due to drink. Can't blame him mind you, I got fairly high on Diet Coke.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare Live 09.05.14

Post by Drassil »

Gretl wrote:Drassil - any idea if we can get away with popsting vague things like 'The show was awesome because of reasons?' or do you want a little more than that? I ask because all my brain is giving me is just 'Good cast, amazing props/set, awesome plot twist...'
Sorry for the delayed reply. The Knightmare Live reviews already on Knightmare.com (and elsewhere) should give you an idea what you can give away and which elements are best left for future watchers to discover.
dogmanjack wrote:Is it a straight-up play, or are there advisors from the public?
I don't think that was a plot twist, more just an unexpected article.
The usual arrangement is a member of the public as dungeoneer and professional comedians as advisors.
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Late reply is fine, I just didn't want to go ahead and risk messing things up for those who haven't yet seen it. I'll have a nosy at other reviews soon! Thanks Drassil!