Medals

Announcements regarding the Knightmare community and website.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Medals

Post by Mystara »

I am pleased to announce that the medals system is now active on the knightmare.com forum.

You can view the currently available medals on the Medals Page as well as nominate people to receive medals.

Some of the medals can be awarded multiple times. Multiple copies of a particular medal will cause that medal from orange through to bronze, silver, and gold.

Note that the Builder, Editor, Merit, Referer, Scribe, and Socialite medals are only being awarded for contributions made since 9 November 2012, which is when the medal system was first suggested.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Medals

Post by Mystara »

I have just added the "newshound" medal. It is awarded to people who have contributed news items to the main site since 9 November 2012.

Note that you can see the award winners by clicking on the medals link in the user menu. You can also nominate someone for an award by clicking on their user profile.

Other awards may be added in due course.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The 'acorns' medal has also been added for people who have started a thread that has been sufficiently popular/wide-ranging for the thread to have been converted into its very own subforum.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I see that I'm going to have a look into getting a new "level" of medal, now that Drassil has reached gold already :P
TimeMaster
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TimeMaster »

Mystara wrote:I see that I'm going to have a look into getting a new "level" of medal, now that Drassil has reached gold already :P
Platinum? Diamond?

Well done Drassil by the way!
"Master, Master I know this place! It's the Place of Choice!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you. I've had to start stitching them to the inside of my Boy Scout uniform. ;) I was wondering if there is an intentional cap on medals in certain categories as I don't seem to be nominatable for any further Newshound medals.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Yeah, once you reach gold.
Hence, the new levels.

Platinum is an option, but I would worry that it looks a little bit too much like silver.

Diamond is the obvious fix, though that's a little harder to colour :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

How about green? On Knightmare, green is a superior colour. It's also the one that comes after gold in Karma Chameleon.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:How about green? On Knightmare, green is a superior colour. It's also the one that comes after gold in Karma Chameleon.
And emerald comes between gold and diamond anniversaries. :)