First ever episodes on Challenge 28th and 29th December

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

First ever episodes on Challenge 28th and 29th December

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Have seen this on Challenge's twitter feed. Sounds like Knightmare will be part of this as well as other shows. Plus Hugo Myatt is going to talk about the recording of the first episode! Sounds interesting! http://t.co/2pAia5cbIF
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: First ever episodes on Challenge 28th and 29th December

Post by Canadanne »

Tim Child is in one of Challenge's promo clips? Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 197&type=1

(P.S. Is that a Listening Key hovering in front of the Fun House twin's, um, chest? :P)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

For those who have wondered if there are lavatories in the dungeon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUyFSeEXapY

Here's the full length promo with the rest of the participants:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ymKxJnOyqU
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Ha! Loving the promo's! Yes the key seems to be in an interesting position! :P
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

CONFIRMED: Challenge will be showing the first ever episode of Knightmare next Sunday (29th) at 7:30pm.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Well, this is a little post Christmas treat to look forward to. Nice trails so far too.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The joke appears to owe something to the first Naked Gun film, not that that warrants complaint! My only criticism is that the sound man is bigger than Hugo. No one should make the Dungeon Master look small!

When I first heard about the First Ever Episodes (or 1st Ever Eps) season, I thought it sounded like a bit of a gimmick and a less-than-impressive substitute for new repeats (e.g. Knightmare Series 3-8). But seeing the promo, with so many original presenters participating in all those lovingly written and hilarious flashbacks, was very encouraging. If Hugo Myatt can throw on fake facial hair and and make toilet jokes, the sky's the limit!

Another showing of Series 1 Episode 1 (presumably including any new sketch/interview material shown alongside the 29th December broadcast) is scheduled for Thursday 2nd January at 7:30pm.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Caught the Hugo Myatt & Tim Child interview before Treasure Hunt this evening! Great stuff, very funny. Hopefully it will be shown again before Knightmare tomorrow.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne wrote:Caught the Hugo Myatt & Tim Child interview before Treasure Hunt this evening! Great stuff, very funny. Hopefully it will be shown again before Knightmare tomorrow.
Oh man, they had a different interview on before Knightmare! Was hoping it'd be the same one that was on yesterday, as I missed the start of that one and wasn't recording at the time! :( Hope they'll put them on YouTube or something...
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:
Canadanne wrote:Caught the Hugo Myatt & Tim Child interview before Treasure Hunt this evening! Great stuff, very funny. Hopefully it will be shown again before Knightmare tomorrow.
Oh man, they had a different interview on before Knightmare! Was hoping it'd be the same one that was on yesterday, as I missed the start of that one and wasn't recording at the time! :( Hope they'll put them on YouTube or something...
Yeah me too. I can't understand why the interview was shown before treasure hunt yet not Knightmare itself. Seem's a bit daft. ???
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I've heard Hugo's voice several times during the 1st Ever Eps series doing continuity announcements. "Welcome, stranger" was said once before Ninja Warrior. Anyone else hear any of these?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Pooka wrote:I've heard Hugo's voice several times during the 1st Ever Eps series doing continuity announcements. "Welcome, stranger" was said once before Ninja Warrior. Anyone else hear any of these?
Yeah, there was at least one voiceover by Hugo, and an in-vision (in costume) continuity link as well. Don't think I caught it on a recording though. :(

EDIT: Hugo's voiceovers included "Welcome, challenger, to the 1st Ever Eps Weekend on Challenge" and "Welcome, dungeoneer! You're watching the 1st Ever Eps Weekend on Challenge". Can't recall the wording of the in-vision one. Annoyed about them springing the first interview on us without any warning. Did anyone happen to be recording Ninja Warrior or Treasure Hunt yesterday when it was aired between them?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: First Ever Episodes on Challenge

Post by Drassil »

If Challenge had only told us there would be multiple interview segments and continuity announcements, we could have watched the First Ever Episodes weekend in shifts or recorded it in blocks! Here's hoping that we'll get to see everything we need to see in due course. (I'd also like to see any Fun House interviews.) The S1 E1 repeat this Thursday at 7:30pm offers further hope. I had assumed that the "chamber of relief" promo was going to form part of a longer sketch leading into the S1 E1 showing but evidently that wasn't the case.

I particularly enjoyed seeing, within the interviews, Series 1 clips without any logo. We did see some last year in the 30 Years of CITV documentary, yet on Challenge it felt like a novelty. Though it looked like they might have zoomed in, past where the Challenge logo would normally appear.

Hugo Myatt's interview perpetuated the Knightmare 'urban myth' that there were no retakes. We know from contestants' accounts that there were at least one or two (e.g. Giles' scene with Motley and Ariadne), even if it wasn't standard practice.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

It's great that Challenge have uploaded these interviews, I only caught the Knightmare ones and one of the Wipeout ones on TV. I'm especially glad to see the funny Hugo interview from the Saturday again!