Knightmare on Challenge at teatime

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare on Challenge at teatime

Post by Canadanne »

pjmlfc05 wrote:I would like to know what the figures have been like for the teatime showing. Hope they have been good!
Hmmm, Fun House made it to #6 in the 5pm slot on Challenge+1 (22,000 viewers), but doesn't look like they stayed tuned for Knightmare afterwards!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:
pjmlfc05 wrote:I would like to know what the figures have been like for the teatime showing. Hope they have been good!
Hmmm, Fun House made it to #6 in the 5pm slot on Challenge+1 (22,000 viewers), but doesn't look like they stayed tuned for Knightmare afterwards!
Oh dear, doesn't sound good!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

But then only a small amount of people's viewing habits are noted.
quite frankly I think the figures are lot higher but KM fans don't have one of those silly black boxes make it official.

Km has always been a bit of a cult favourite, and it appears it shall remain that way.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Looks like Challenge have now dropped both Fun House and Knightmare from the teatime slot as it "wasn't working" ratings-wise. No word on when they will be back or at what time. :(
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:Looks like Challenge have now dropped both Fun House and Knightmare from the teatime slot as it "wasn't working" ratings-wise. No word on when they will be back or at what time. :(
Wow that is not good news. I guess the problem was they have already been on so the likes of us were unlikely to watch the teatime viewings. It could have implications with regards to seeing other series.

I hope this would not put Challenge off to acquiring more series in the future but this will not have helped. :(
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

I tend to be at work, and not back home until half 7 - on a good day :(
TimeMaster
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TimeMaster »

Part of the problem with Challenge's output is their constant repeats of the same series or episodes of their shows. However much of a fan of a show you are, there is a limit as to how often you can watch it in a year.

Series 1 and 2 were great but have already featured on Friday nights, Saturday mornings and as part of the Challenge summer schedule. I would really hope that they would assess the viewing figures across the last year, rather than just the recent teatime slot.

Ratings for Series 1 and 2 might not be good, because people have seen them several times recently. However if Challenge were to screen Series 3, it could be a different story.
"Master, Master I know this place! It's the Place of Choice!"
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

That's right, im certainly not going to sit though them all again so soon.
(this is why they to be released on dvd, so we don't have to be controlled by tv)

Maybe they should have done the teatime slot after Christmas.

Another thing I would guess they're target audience are older people, hence family fortunes and that awful million quiz are always on, all the time.. KM probes doesn't appeal to the vast majority of their audience. ???

Ad also wish they would stop lumping KM with Fun house.

This is why ITV should air it, wouldn't have to buy a licensee, they repeats all sorts anyway.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in