Stephanie Hesp

Questions for the cast and crew of Knightmare
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Stephanie Hesp

Post by Canadanne »

This doesn't really deserve its own thread but I don't know where else to put it.

I wonder if the Neil and Stephanie Wood quoted in this article are the former Stephanie Hesp and her husband. They apparently had relatives living in York at one point, so it could be! Then again, they're not exactly uncommon names. Just thought it was worth noting as it's so hard to find any info on Stephanie these days!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Stephanie Hesp interview

Post by Canadanne »

Cool news: Stephanie Hesp, a.k.a. Elita / Heggatty / Pixel, has said she would love to do an interview for the website. :) If you have any questions for her, either post them here or send me a PM or email via my profile. I don't know if you want to invite questions via Facebook and/or Twitter as well?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Stephanie Hesp

Post by Mystara »

Well, if you put an article up on the site saying that you're taking questions for an interview, then it'll automagically get posted to facebook and twitter - thereby opening up the possibility to receiving questions via the main site, twitter, and facebook :)

Good news that this will happen though. Sounds exciting.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

In fact, it occurred to me today that I wonder whether it might be worth making sub-fora for "questions I wish I could ask X".

Some of us are occasionally privileged enough to meet with the cast and crew and it might be useful if, on those occasions, we could have a handful of questions to ask them that have been collected over time.

It's always possible that some of those people might even stop in to answer the odd question.

Maybe something to think about.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

That's a good idea!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Stephanie Hesp Interview

Post by Drassil »

Well done on making contact with Stephanie Hesp/Wood. I'm guessing there was some online detective work involved. Most of the questions I can think of are generic ones that you've probably already thought of, e.g. memories of filming, thoughts on Knightmare's enduring popularity, current work. A question like 'When Elita gave her full name, did you ad-lib it?' might be a bit too obscure, especially after 22 years!

It would be interesting to see what Stephanie looks like now, so perhaps she'd be willing to send you a photo or two to include with the article. I suspect that she isn't in fact a faceache.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Nice work Annie! How did you manage to find her?
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

No detective work required - her daughter commented on a couple of Knightmare videos so I just asked her!
Yes, I already thought about asking if she has a recent photo to share. :)
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

I have a question:

As Elita did you find it hard to act mean towards the Dungeoneers, or did you find it fun and easy to vent at them? :D

Typical Scorpion, goes silent and surfaces only when there's something to be gained. ;D
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

How did you manage to react so well when one of the dungeoneers spoke back and your your character a face ache back. It seemed to nearly cost the team when later on in their adventure they needed your help against skargill.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

There was a (as far as I'm aware) never before seen picture of Stephanie Hesp (as Elita), Clifford Norgate (Hordriss), David Learner and Hugo Myatt that was recently posted on the KM Facebook page. Credit to Stefan Andrews for doing so.

I have linked to it below:
Attachments
KnightmareLookIn.jpg
KnightmareLookIn.jpg (34.7 KiB) Viewed 19953 times
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Never seen this before but great photo!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Stefan probably got it from either the Lexicon or this very site, but I agree it's a nice find!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Annie wrote:No detective work required - her daughter commented on a couple of Knightmare videos so I just asked her!
That just goes to show what an asset the YouTube comments were/are, even if many were responses to uploads that technically shouldn't have been there in the first place. ;)

It is possible the Stefan Andrews got that Look-in scan independently, but more likely that he picked it up in one of the places Annie has mentioned. Jamie Hall, who runs a fansite dedicated to CITV classic T-Bag, bought some copies of Look-in magazine in order to find T-Bag articles, and had very kindly kept an eye out for features relevant to my particular CITV interests: Spatz and Mike & Angelo for my own webpages, and Knightmare too. That antechamber photo was one of his finds. Difficult to imagine a scenario like that happening in character.

I am particularly looking forward to hearing Stephanie's response to the most recent question posed via Facebook.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:I am particularly looking forward to hearing Stephanie's response to the most recent question posed via Facebook.
Hehe! Pity he missed the deadline. :P