Competition time - Take part in Knightmare Live!

For the discussion of Knightmare Live, the stage adaptation of Knightmare
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Competition time - Take part in Knightmare Live!

Post by Mystara »

In case you haven't seen it, in partnership with the team behind Knightmare Live, we are offering you the opportunity to take part in one of the London previews of Knightmare Live.

See the full article here.
Note that entries must be posted on the relevant Facebook post.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Competition time - Take part in Knightmare Live!

Post by Canadanne »

Loving some of the suggested captions so far! ;D
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by Mystara »

We've now picked our favourites and public voting is now open to determine the winner. The new article can be found here and the associated facebook post is here.

You'd also be doing us a big favour by 'liking' our post, as well as participating in the vote.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Live - Voting now open!

Post by Canadanne »

Aww, some of my favourites didn't make the shortlist... I particularly liked "What? ME? Water the plants?! You must be absolutely out of your tiny MIND!" ;D Also "Hans! Hans, you idiot, listen to me. I didn't say I wanted you to send me to a coffee shop. I said I wanted you to "Find the Dungeoneer, and accost-her!"" - clever, and I can totally hear the real Lord Fear saying that one. :D

Of the finalists, my favourite is "When i said i wanted Pickle i didn't mean the sandwich filling i meant the Elf." (Indeed, I think that was my favourite overall.) But I don't do Facebook so I'll just cross my fingers for it. :P
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Yes - those two both seem better than all of the chosen finalists!

Number 3 seems to be winning at the moment but I don't think it deserves to seeing as they can't spell Treguard!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Granitas Is Cute wrote:Yes - those two both seem better than all of the chosen finalists!
The problem is, there are 70 entries and therefore, I suspect, 70 different opinions of which one is "the best".

We had to narrow them down somehow.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Mystara wrote:
Granitas Is Cute wrote:Yes - those two both seem better than all of the chosen finalists!
The problem is, there are 70 entries and therefore, I suspect, 70 different opinions of which one is "the best".

We had to narrow them down somehow.
Out of interest who picked the favourites for the final voting? I guess you have a say!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Paul Flannery and I each picked our favourite four.
We then picked our favourite two from our own list and our favourite one from the other person's list, to give a total of 6.

We figured that would give the best spread.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Captions are certainly very subjective. In Seriously Raven! (a competition in The Raven's Eye Magazine) the Captions Round always gave the most varied results from the judges.

Out of the finalists, Number 4 is probably my favourite.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Mystara wrote:Paul Flannery and I each picked our favourite four.
We then picked our favourite two from our own list and our favourite one from the other person's list, to give a total of 6.

We figured that would give the best spread.
Cool. I guess that's fair enough! Even though my favourite isn't in the final 6 I would like 3 to win. Not on Facebook I'm afraid so can't vote!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Ross wrote:Captions are certainly very subjective.
The last big Knightmare caption competition was in 2004, when Tim Child offered the Series 7 Shield of Justice (a.k.a. spare eyeshield painted gold) as a prize in an {IKM caption competition} in order to help promote Knightmare VR. Tim chose the shortlist, Mark Knight picked the winner. Then, as now, the choices were controversial - particularly the winning caption, which compared the KMVR orc to a member of the Rolling Stones. Recent photos of the latter at Glastonbury have made this rather topical.

Perhaps it's worth considering further Knightmare.com caption competitions in the future, with or without prizes. They needn't necessarily be in conjunction with Knightmare Live, though if it goes touring after Edinburgh then there will be more dungeoneer spots to fill.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Drassil wrote:
Ross wrote:Captions are certainly very subjective.
The last big Knightmare caption competition was in 2004, when Tim Child offered the Series 7 Shield of Justice (a.k.a. spare eyeshield painted gold) as a prize in an {IKM caption competition} in order to help promote Knightmare VR. Tim chose the shortlist, Mark Knight picked the winner. Then, as now, the choices were controversial - particularly the winning caption, which compared the KMVR orc to a member of the Rolling Stones. Recent photos of the latter at Glastonbury have made this rather topical.

Perhaps it's worth considering further Knightmare.com caption competitions in the future, with or without prizes. They needn't necessarily be in conjunction with Knightmare Live, though if it goes touring after Edinburgh then there will be more dungeoneer spots to fill.
Just checked the link for the competition for the shield. Just my opinion, but surely there were better captions than the one that won. But what a prize to win though! Lucky Giles!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Just checked the link for the competition for the shield. Just my opinion, but surely there were better captions than the one that won. But what a prize to win though! Lucky Giles!
Why "Surely"? :)