How much would you be willing to volunteer to do for KM?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
dodgedeschenes

How much would you be willing to volunteer to do for KM?

Post by dodgedeschenes »

Hello, our new company is in the early stages of designing something special for Knightmare. We cannot tell you what it is or confirm or deny any guesses, nor guarantee that it will ever see the light of day, but we are enthusiastic, hopeful and excited. We can confirm that it is absolutely not a new TV series, nor anything of such grand scale, though we would love for it to lead to that indirectly through popularity, anything that goes viral has unlimited power in these days where word of mouth read on a screen rules the minds of the masses.

Once again, I cannot reveal which talents we are searching for at the present time, but we would very much like to tally up how much time and effort fans of this amazing series would be wiling to devote to a Knightmare project and what talents they have, if any.

Sincere apologies for being so vague with this post, there are strict criteria that must be met. More will be revealed in time as wheels begin to move and the concrete settles.

Thank you very much for reading.

DC
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How much would you be willing to volunteer to do for KM?

Post by Mystara »

I suspect you'll find that everyone here would be willing to do something, but the degree to which people will be willing to contribute would depend on what it is and how likely it is to succeed.

Certainly that's my position. I can contribute a great deal, but not if it's something that doesn't interest me or if it's something that I don't think would succeed.

I'd also be curious as to what you'd be "designing for Knightmare" as a company since the rights are virtually impossible to get (even Challenge? are struggling) and without the rights it won't be Knightmare.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

I would like to echo what Mystara said really. As a digital media industry professional, not to mention a big KM fan, I can certainly help out in a creative way with things like video editing, graphic design, promo etc. but it all depends on what the end product is. Is it being made for profit? Non-profit? Where will it be seen? Are you actually a professional production company? What are your credentials? Tune in next week for the answers to these questions and more. It all a little too vague for me right now.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

I share the same thoughts as Alan and Insider. Does sound good on paper. Will be interesting to see how this develops. But for me it has to be done for the right reasons, not just to make money from it.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I work on KM media projects all the time, which is the sort of thing I might be willing to help with. But I can't really comment further without more cards on the table. I'm especially cautious on the legal side.
Karinsky
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Karinsky »

More details need to be provided.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Indeed.

Asking what people can contribute to something that is unknown, that may or may not be related to knightmare, that's of unknown scale and unknown nature and might not even happen isn't really the best way to get volunteers.

Though I'm sure if it's something that interests people and has a fair chance of success, there'll be loads of volunteers.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

We all have lives that need accomodating but with the right project in mind you'll hopefully garner a fair number if you're more explicit about what you're doing. Just saying you have a secret project itself doesn't generate that loyalty but letting people in on your plan sand whats actually requuired might. :)
kamseydragle

Post by kamseydragle »

Although your project is presently vague, I would be very interested to supporting any kind of resurgence in the KM format. I grew up with that show and for me it was the greatest television programme ever, not just for children.

I loved the fact that KM brought fantasy, real actors, improvisation, a competitive atmosphere and cutting edge graphics all into one show, and actually taught a lot to young kids (communication, team work, clarity of thought, observation, manners, respect). There were so many good things about that show, the same things that are missing from so many of our shows these days.

I am currently in between jobs at the moment and so have plenty of time on my hands if there is anything I can help with. I'm a project manager from an engineering background.

I would be willing to volunteer my time to do anything that might help.