CITV documentary

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: CITV documentary

Post by Canadanne »

The latest update from Challenge is here, not that it tells us anything new! I'm sure they would let us know if the deal falls through for any reason, as people are always asking them about it.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

At least they are trying to get it again! I know it can be a slow process and it's frustrating but i believe they will sort a deal out. They know how popular it was when they showed it first time around. Just have to make do with watching the conclusion of Barry's quest tomorrow for the time being! :)
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

It is slow progress, but as others have pointed out there's been a surge of interest in Knightmare today. While it may not last it might last long enough for Challenge to push that little bit harder to get the rights. Regardless of what stage things are at it's definitely heading in the right direction. :)
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Mystara wrote:As always, I completely approve if people want to do that.
I've put up a series of plugs on FB pages for the DVD campaign, AegisQuest, The Dunshelm Players and the KM Audio Series. Need other people to join in though, please!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Would love to join this but I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. Any other way I could show my support?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: CITV Old Skool Weekend

Post by Canadanne »

Maybe we can get a decent crowd in Knightmare Chat this evening, if someone gives it a plug on Facebook / Twitter?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

PJM: Put it on any other forums/BBS that you're a member of, maybe?

ANNIE: I'll give it a try around 6pm today.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

[quote="HStorm"]PJM: Put it on any other forums/BBS that you're a member of, maybe?

Don't want to sound thick, but what other forums of Knightmare is there? Didn't realise there was more just this one! ???
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

pjmlfc05 wrote:Don't want to sound thick, but what other forums of Knightmare is there? Didn't realise there was more just this one! ???
Well not specifically KM ones. There's the Surrounds forum I suppose, but I imagine all the users on it will already know all about the sites we're plugging anyway.

I just mean any vaguely-related forums you might be a member of where you reckon there's even half a chance that a few other members will be interested. The worst that can happen is everyone just ignores the post.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: CITV Old Skool Weekend

Post by Canadanne »

The Knightmare hashtag has been hijacked by spammers, so it must be trending at the moment!
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Bleedingcoolnews has done a quick mention of the sudden resurgence in attention, along with embedding the recent 25th anniversary retrospective.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

This and the Old Skool Weekend have been a lot of fun with many a good selection. I echo KnightmareDave's thoughts that there should have been at least one Rod Hull programme featured too but overall a job well done all round.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The Series 7 episodes of Knightmare that were transmitted over the weekend are now available to watch on the ITV Player:

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/knightmare
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Old Skool Weekend

Post by Drassil »

Perhaps people are less bothered by Pat Sharp's haircut than they are by Hugo Myatt's shave. ;)
Canadanne wrote:There was a clip of Hugo Myatt scarily wishing CITV a happy birthday, just before Fun House!
Hugo's birthday message appeared far fewer times than many of the others, but did have the distinction of being the last to be shown before the Old Skool Weekend drew to a close.

I was pleasantly surprised that CITV kept credit squashing to a minimum. Where the Knightmare episodes are concerned, Series 7 does not have high nostalgia value for me; but Knightmare is Knightmare, and I will admit to a racing of the heart as I sat there on Saturday, watching the S6-8 opening sequence as it was being broadcast for the first time since 1994, and possibly for the penultimate time. Barry and co have reminded us that while many may seek, to win takes heart.

As for the Old Skool weekend as a whole, I will simply say that my TV did not have a barrier of anti-magic in front of it.

Just looking back at the last sentence of my second paragraph. Seek... win... heart. Seek win heart. Did I just say... oh no. No. I er... do excuse me. I feel a little unwell and am going to find a troll to hide under.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Do have to admit I did like funhouse, was good watching it as well as the Sooty show and Childrens Ward. It's a shame CITV didn't show an episode from series 3 but I can see why they showed the last 2 episodes of series 7. Wonder if Barry, his brother or the rest of his team watched the episodes?