CITV documentary

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: CITV Old Skool Weekend

Post by Drassil »

...Not to mention, by happy coincidence, a gravity-related incident - no, two gravity-related incidents - reflected in an event in The Hobbit film. :)
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

CITV documentry

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Anyone watching this tonight? Plus only 1 week to go to the old skool weekend! Can't wait to see Barry and his team again!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: CITV documentry

Post by Insider »

Yes it feels great to finally be able to sky+ knightmare on the planner!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: CITV documentary

Post by Canadanne »

30 Years Of CITV is repeated on Wednesday (2nd January) at 8pm on ITV2, if anyone missed it.

Even though Knightmare was only covered briefly, I like how they included a good spread of clips from across the different series. And of course it's always good to see Mr Myatt!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: CITV documentry

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yes i've cleared up the sky+ for next week! Really enjoyed the documentry and good to see Hugo's thoughts again as well as the ooohh nasty!
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

Oh yes, Sky+ exists now, doesn't it? ;D Better go and get it set for next weekend. Can't wait. :D
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I don't have Sky+, but I have Barry's team on a DVD somewhere (and VHS, I got that via NKTP!), so it's no great loss to not catch it if I miss it. Plus, my girlfriend and I are currently working our way through Series 6.

I liked the documentary - good spread of episodes, as Annie pointed out (rather than just Episode 1, which most documentaries would put out), and yes - Hugo, again! What amused me, though, was my girlfriend's reaction to people like Ant and Dec, Cat Deeley and Matthew Kelly turning up - she grew up in Belgium and had no idea they started on CITV!

We are truly blessed.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Notice how Hugo Myatt was the only actor to appear in the Knightmare clips, saving ITV some money in royalty payments. ;)

Once again, I was pleased to see Knightmare juxtaposed with Fun House.

Michael Underwood had spoken enthusiastically about Knightmare during CITV's 20th Birthday Bash, so it's good to know he really is a fan. He may not have made it onto Knightmare, but did you know that he was a team captain on one of the Crystal Maze children's specials?

P.S. Ahead of the Old Skool Weekend, I would like to make some small updates to my '30 Years Of CITV' article on the website, but I've been unable to get into it for a week and a half. Please, Powers That Be, may I have access to it?
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

I've got the episode that he was in n Crystal maze as it was one of EDWARD tudor pole era, the docu was very good (if not a bit random) shame no grotbags or T bag mentioned though!!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Was also great to see Sooty again! Still going strong today although i imagine its not as good when Matthew Corbett was doing it.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I also watched it when it was screened on Saturday evening (but had limited internet access back then so couldn't post anything).

However, I just tuned in to the repeat on ITV2, if only to catch the 30-odd seconds for which Knightmare was featured. Nice to hear Hugo say "Enter Stranger" and "Ooooh Nasty" (to this day, I'm still kicking myself for not asking him to say "Enter Stranger" for the 25th anniversary documentary). And as already mentioned, good to see a scope of Series 1 to 8 (although not all eight series) covered during that space of time.

If anything, its appearance most certainly helped to generate some further interest for Knightmare once more.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

The Guardian's reviewer describes Knightmare as "One of the best kids' shows of all time" and "Easily the highlight of the entire weekend" on CITV. :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

"30 Years of CITV" is currently available to view on the ITV Player for anyone who missed it (or just wants to watch it again).
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Cool, will have to watch it again. Will be amazing to watch Knightmare on TV since the last time it was shown on Challenge TV. I hope it can generate a lot of interest and that the whole 8 series can be shown again sooner or later. :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »